Gibson Brands Forums

What CAPO and what guitar stand

Cicero146

Hi,

me AGAIN

What Capo do you use on your LP, one that doesn't harm the neck.

Same question for a guitar amp. I hang it against the wall, but when I am practicing I would like to put it on a guitar stand now and then...

Almost through my first collection of questions now ;-)

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers

Hi,

me AGAIN

Same question for a guitar amp. I hang it against the wall, but when I am practicing I would like to put it on a guitar stand now and then...

Cheers

Well,, I use a shubb mostly because it works so damn good.

I only use a capo on a couple of tunes so I never leave it on long enough to worry about the finish.

As for stands I have heard people put cloth or socks over the rubber.

My Gibson are only on stands temporarily so I don't worry about stands either.

But if you are concerned , cover them up. Better safe than sorry.

I leave my Gibson's on Hercules stands, as they don't harm the finish. For Capo's, I'm not that fussy, however I should stress, that you must never leave a Capo on your guitar when your not using it, that's asking for trouble.

Ian

My Capo is the first finger of my left hand.

Stands - I just use any propriety guitar stand - never had any problem with any of them.

My capo: Shubb C1. I only put it on as long as in actual use. Works on very slim necks like early 60's and Explorer profile as well as on late 50's. Asymmetrical Gibson necks call for mounting headlong.

My guitar stands: K&M 17570, 17513, 17515, models with translucent supports only. Safe for all kinds of finishes of my guitars & basses, mostly nitro. I don't use one, but my wall hanger would be the white versions of K&M 16280 or 17570.

I use a cheap ebay capo (looks like a kyser capo) I got for $6 plus I have a kyser capo I picked up for $20

the kyser is easier to open and close than the 'knock off'

both work well..

both I do not leave on the guitar more than just its song needed for

the church choir I just joined capo's like every other song, no issues... you're only talking short term use aways.

for stands

yes my guitars see far too much stand time.. none have had any nitro issues even after long time on them using the GS-1000 stand.

http://www.ultimates...product/GS-1000

Sorry, but you are not allowed to use a capo on a Les Paul, it is against the rules and punishable by fine. Nothing will grind down your frets faster than capo use. With the fast low action and easy playability of a Les Paul neck, you don't need a capo. If you can't play in B flat or E flat or whatever key you need, then you need to practice more. Capo's are only allowed on chunky necked acoustic guitars that can hardly be played above the fifth fret. [flapper]

I use those old style elastic back Dunlop capos ONLY, and I have not used a guitar stand since I saw a Les Paul fall off of one on stage one night many years ago and crack its neck. They are either being played or are in their cases.

G7. Doesn't pull things sharp like the others I've used. The Shubb is my 2nd choice, but I didn't like having to always adjust the thumb screw to the placement on the neck. As for whether or not to use a capo, watched Lincoln Brewster and Phil Keaggy both use them... I would never say that they weren't capable of playing without them.

Hi,

me AGAIN

Cheers

Kyser capos, Hercules stands.

Archived