Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage 9v Battery

RevDavidLee

HA!

Truth: if someone buys them with the username EJROXX, it really is him. Well, it was him. Long time ago. It was fun arguing with him about old batteries. In the late 90s he was at Philly Phall and a few of us got to sit with him and shoot the crap, and the first thing he said to me when I introduced myself was "...I ain't talkin about no batteries today!". A very nice man Mr. Johnson is, I'm glad he finally fessed up to having everyone about that stuff.

rct

Sag baby, sag. Can only get it in a vintage battery that is inside a battery compartment that is held together by an asparagus rubberband. Sag, baby.

rct

Asparagus rubberband?????

Dude!! WTF???

Where do you get this sh!t?

Your humor is poetic.

I love you man!

Some days,, you really make this forum for me.

I thank you for that.

Asparagus rubberband?????

Dude!! WTF???

Where do you get this sh!t?

Your humor is poetic.

I love you man!

Some days,, you really make this forum for me.

I thank you for that.

Oh jeez. It's from an actual argument we actually had in rmmg, 96, 97 maybe. EJ was getting lots of press about the whole no screws in his pedals thing, and anyone of any age did that without even thinking about it, because it was much easier to keep up with those pesky batteries. And I suggested that asparagus rubberbands were better. It's very old.

rct

Oh jeez. It's from an actual argument we actually had in rmmg, 96, 97 maybe. EJ was getting lots of press about the whole no screws in his pedals thing, and anyone of any age did that without even thinking about it, because it was much easier to keep up with those pesky batteries. And I suggested that asparagus rubberbands were better. It's very old.

rct

Lol..

Allright.. I am of age but I gotta admit.. I don't know what rmmg is but I'm assuming it was

some form of bulletin board from the early internets days?

Never interested me in the least back then to be honest.

I remember working with a gent who was so excited he could post a comment on this "bulletin board" thingy,, and then have a response from somebody 2 thousand miles away,, and have a conversation, for free. This woulda been back in the mid 90s I guess.

I had no interest in it whatsoever. To me it was a modern CB radio which I had no interest in either.

I was never really a gear head though. So I never gave my stuff a second thought. Kinda like I don't much now.

So I guess I missed the boat on a lot of this stuff.

Lol..

Allright.. I am of age but I gotta admit.. I don't know what rmmg is but I'm assuming it was

some form of bulletin board from the early internets days?

Never interested me in the least back then to be honest.

I remember working with a gent who was so excited he could post a comment on this "bulletin board" thingy,, and then have a response from somebody 2 thousand miles away,, and have a conversation, for free. This woulda been back in the mid 90s I guess.

I had no interest in it whatsoever. To me it was a modern CB radio which I had no interest in either.

I was never really a gear head though. So I never gave my stuff a second thought. Kinda like I don't much now.

So I guess I missed the boat on a lot of this stuff.

rec.music.makers.guitar

Usenet was the home of newsgroups. Everything you could imagine was discussed in its own newsgroup. They are still archived somewhere, I think Google has all of them now. It was not something easy to describe, it was a free-for-all. Some of the best comedy ever, guitar players from all over the world. Then came Harmony Central Guitar Forum, and that was a bunch of nuts for a few good years, and some great stuff came out of there, along with a lot of the dumb crap you still hear repeated today. After that it was all forums and then myspace and stuff like that. Hasn't been much in the old newsgroups in a long time. I stop by rmmg occasionally, somebody has been digging up some great posts from the mid90s and they make me laugh. It was fun.

rct

For true vintage tone, that battery will do it.

When you stomp on it, stomp it again. Exact duplicate vintage sound performance there.

For TRUE vintage experience, extra points if you can plug the right cord in the right input before anyone notices.

Archived