Gibson Brands Forums

FINAL improvements for SCS4DJ

I'm talking IF there is one more update, what would be the MOST NECESSARY fixes that are needed for the SCS4DJ - and please keep it short and only detailed on the function itself.

I don't believe Stanton is going for one more update, but I hope so - I really do - cause this unit (for me at least) is close to perfect.

My hopes for improvement would be:

- "System Error" crash resolvent, as mentioned in this topic.

- "Mono out" for times where you are DJ'ing on a sound-system where one channel is damaged.

Please write your most important wishes for update here, so hopefully Stanton crew looks into a last round of development for a version 5.1

STANTON CREW; can you please confirm whether or not you are working on more updates?

I agree with you as I suspect there won't be further updates. The unit is now in it's fourth year and needs version 2 to appear. I bought SCS4DJ last year on the basis it would last me 3 years. I'll be looking for Stanton to bring out a version 2 in the next 12 months. It's a great idea and now works quite well. Just need need to take the idea and upgrade the thing soon.

As for updates. I've suggested that there should be a Mic EQ. It's not a professional unit for a function DJ without it. I would like to see better search capabilities as the number of characters is too restrictive.

• 2 weeks later...

If there was another update in the works, a really good feature would be a turning 33rpm dial display like in Virtual DJ and Serato. (Virtual Deck?)

Some would say its not necesarry, but dj's that scratch would say otherwise. It could be integrated into one of the vertical buttons that activate after you tap the waveform button. Mabe flip flop between the screen with the beat counter display to a screen with a revolving 33rpm dial (Virtual Deck?). [thumbup]

delete tracks from any playlist for tracks that get corrupted..

history playlist

tracks in browser view the name scrolls for long titles.

re analyse bpms from current cue or loop in and loop out. for long intros..

auto sync disabled when at breakdowns or low levels..

quickgrid needs updating to see the waveforms and cue points and to be able to adjust them..

I've got one more improvement:

As Stanton is selling this product worldwide...why does it not recognize special symbols like: ö, é, ä, à, etc...

This would help to find german or french song for example. (I'm sure other languages also have those special letters but those 2 are the one I use the most)

Greets from Switzerland

My 2 cents:

I am starting to see why this earlier suggestion by ISHFAQ of putting the whole wave form on the screen that is used the most makes so much sense.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/108929-feature-requests-bigger-zoom-and-folder-support/page__p__1497339__hl__ishfaq__fromsearch__1#entry1497339

20120404-qqwaeqt2dt1gfie7yhqxq2867t.jpg

This would be an immense aid in mixing tunes, especially a tune that you are not familiar with as the drop outs can be way better anticipated and utilized.

My 2 cents:

I am starting to see why this earlier suggestion by ISHFAQ of putting the whole wave form on the screen that is used the most makes so much sense.

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/108929-feature-requests-bigger-zoom-and-folder-support/page__p__1497339__hl__ishfaq__fromsearch__1#entry1497339

This would be an immense aid in mixing tunes, especially a tune that you are not familiar with as the drop outs can be way better anticipated and utilized.

+1 E-ROW but i don't expect anything else from Stanton, they seem like dead ... They can't even fix the loops that are always an-synchronized and creating a mess in your mix and you expect the whole waveform to be viewed? lol

I really tried my best to love this device but Stanton tried hard to piss me of with there ignorance or (inability) to develop the software inside scs4dj. Great concept, bad delivery!!!

+1 E-ROW but i don't expect anything else from Stanton, they seem like dead ... They can't even fix the loops that are always an-synchronized and creating a mess in your mix and you expect the whole waveform to be viewed? lol

I really tried my best to love this device but Stanton tried hard to piss me of with there ignorance or (inability) to develop the software inside scs4dj. Great concept, bad delivery!!!

Then leave already! There is a $3000 -$5000 Pioneer setup with your name on it. Or even try one of their $800-$900 units, but please do check their forums because people are pissed and confused over issues there too.

Please reread the original post and add on or simply start your own thread about your issue.(which I have yet to have a problem with after creating loops that are longer than one bar)

Its a good unit for the money. I'll take any additional pluses, and if not, I'm ok with it. I am just not looking for it to turn into a Ferrari or something because I was not stupid enough to think that when I first picked it up at V2.0

Then leave already! There is a $3000 -$5000 Pioneer setup with your name on it. Or even try one of their $800-$900 units, but please do check their forums because people are pissed and confused over issues there too.

Please reread the original post and add on or simply start your own thread about your issue.(which I have yet to have a problem with after creating loops that are longer than one bar)

Its a good unit for the money. I'll take any additional pluses, and if not, I'm ok with it. I am just not looking for it to turn into a Ferrari or something because I was not stupid enough to think that when I first picked it up at V2.0

You have a big mouth E-ROW!!! It's funny that even the picture you attached has the wrong beat grid on deck A.

I spent so much time already on this forums and i used to have 3 units (check my older posts if you want}

Anyway, i'm not going to argue with you, it's not worth it ;-)

I only can share E-Rows Opinion...If you pay for a Smart don't expect a Ferrari.

And my dear Tsigoulas...owning 3 Smarts doesn't turn you automatically into a Ferrari owner.

If you needed 3 of those units to realize that it is nothing for you it's maybe not the unit that is the source of the problem.

Otherwise I have to say that we all complaint on a damn high level...is anybody in this forum old enough to remember what a mess it was to mix with turntables...in comparison to this unit...please don't misunderstand me...it wasn't a mess but with MP3-mixing and Standalone Systems like this one it turned way more comfortable.

If 10-15 years ago you had said to anybody that you would put your players and the Mixer in a bag and it wouldn't be heavier than 3kg al together...they would have put you into the asylum together with the Jocker, the Penguin and Two-Face.

Back then a Beatcounter and maybe 2 or 3 effects in your mixer were the biggest thing and made you crazy if you were happy enough to work on such an equipment.

You're complaining about CUE-Points and Loops...hahaha...imagine them working with a Vynil (without using a sampling machine).

And last but not least: Do YOU remember what the equipment did cost??? OK I am honnest at least not every second fart did call himself DJ which also had advantages, but the pricecrash and digital-revolution allows you to try out more than 1 system and to change way easyer if you're not satisfied with one system.

I am thankfull for people like those from Stanton which obviously had a vision when they worked on this unit...Also thankfull that they were open minded enough to start this Forum where I can post my opinions and frequently get Feedback...also thankfull for those of you that post their problems and ideas to make this product going on forward even if it's only step by step.

Sometimes it's just good to rethink some of our needs and finally: The most important skill of a DJ aren't the mixing skills but his capacity of playing and selecting the Sound that makes the people on the dancefloor happy...If you play **** even perfect mixed nobody will give a **** on you...basic rule!!!

I only can share E-Rows Opinion...If you pay for a Smart don't expect a Ferrari.

And my dear Tsigoulas...owning 3 Smarts doesn't turn you automatically into a Ferrari owner.

If you needed 3 of those units to realize that it is nothing for you it's maybe not the unit that is the source of the problem.

Otherwise I have to say that we all complaint on a damn high level...is anybody in this forum old enough to remember what a mess it was to mix with turntables...in comparison to this unit...please don't misunderstand me...it wasn't a mess but with MP3-mixing and Standalone Systems like this one it turned way more comfortable.

If 10-15 years ago you had said to anybody that you would put your players and the Mixer in a bag and it wouldn't be heavier than 3kg al together...they would have put you into the asylum together with the Jocker, the Penguin and Two-Face.

Back then a Beatcounter and maybe 2 or 3 effects in your mixer were the biggest thing and made you crazy if you were happy enough to work on such an equipment.

You're complaining about CUE-Points and Loops...hahaha...imagine them working with a Vynil (without using a sampling machine).

And last but not least: Do YOU remember what the equipment did cost??? OK I am honnest at least not every second fart did call himself DJ which also had advantages, but the pricecrash and digital-revolution allows you to try out more than 1 system and to change way easyer if you're not satisfied with one system.

I am thankfull for people like those from Stanton which obviously had a vision when they worked on this unit...Also thankfull that they were open minded enough to start this Forum where I can post my opinions and frequently get Feedback...also thankfull for those of you that post their problems and ideas to make this product going on forward even if it's only step by step.

Sometimes it's just good to rethink some of our needs and finally: The most important skill of a DJ aren't the mixing skills but his capacity of playing and selecting the Sound that makes the people on the dancefloor happy...If you play **** even perfect mixed nobody will give a **** on you...basic rule!!!

Alright, enjoy your $500 Smart...

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I have heaps, but best to read my topic suggested improvements to scs4dj, see my list, those DJs who actually like this machine can you please tell me how you keep your playlists updated without all the messing around and why still cant we search by title or artist.

• 1 month later...

I really second this addition, its would make mixing much more modern. It works very well for Traktor, and would be as easy to do as loading the graphic from the beat counter screen and placing it behind the existing red bar that shows the track progression.

If you guys added anything else, this would be acceptable as the only feature added.

[thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

My 2 cents:

• 4 weeks later...

release the code so others can add there own improvements for both quickgrid and the unit its self.

been a pro dj with this unit for over 3 years It not good seeing it forgotten about by Stanton.

cound do with a history playlist or most played or rating tag..

also bpms written to tags. and grid editing on quickgrid like rekord box.

I would like the option to search by year. I notice that most other controllers have this function but not the scs. This is pretty important to me so anything you guys can do would be good. Also the ability to browse the directory structure of a connected device as all my music is in dated and genre folders to aid quick searching and browsing. I have come from the numark dds system and i miss the above functions a lot on this device.

Also I prepared my main drive with the latest firmware 5.01 with quickgrid but for some reason it did not create the waveforms. But when I plugged the drive into the scs it started to create them. However with 15000 songs it is taking forever. Any idea why quickgrid did not do it despite saying it had?

Well, well, well ...look who finally moved the view screen to the middle. Price is high but looks like a quality build.

Stanton could still flourish with a new device or a revamp of the SCS aimed at the low end of the market.

I wonder what Numark is cooking up?

I fully understand,but this is reality.I love my scs4dj, but мore has to be done. Unfortunately, Stanton no news for a long time.

If Stanton publish news that provide a new model, I would really waited. Otherwise pioneer win. Sorry for my bad English.

O.K. Stanton,

The big P copied our loved SCS.. Now react!

Double the price (!!)

- 4 decks

- 4 channels + Mic (with EQ)

- 4 or 8 cue/effect/loop/slice/sample buttons

- Little less 'plastic' feel

- Hard silicon knobs and buttons (+ build in LED)

- 7" screen

- Faster CPU/software

- Quickgrid that works and does not corrupt existing analyze data

- redesign the keyboard search

Good job, good luck and thanks!

O.K. Stanton,

The big P copied our loved SCS.. Now react!

Double the price (!!)

- 4 decks

- 4 channels + Mic (with EQ)

- 4 or 8 cue/effect/loop/slice/sample buttons

- Little less 'plastic' feel

- Hard silicon knobs and buttons (+ build in LED)

- 7" screen

- Faster CPU/software

- Quickgrid that works and does not corrupt existing analyze data

- redesign the keyboard search

Good job, good luck and thanks!

7 Inch touch screan with qwerty key for beast search. 2 MIC inputs with Eq & adaptive compression. Possibility for parallel FX for each chanel...& this is end of the f..ing game.

Do not be afraid to price