Gibson Brands Forums

My "Freebird" Acoustic Arrangement

BluesKing777

Here is my solo acoustic/vocal version of Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Freebird", played on my million dollar (to me) 1937 Gibson L-0.

I wish I had played this arrangement (Chordie.com sort of) instead of the absolutely horrible version in Eb or something my old keyboard player came up with......never trust the keys! Nightmare material.

Anyway I hope this is better - stretching the Gibson further than usual...... :mellow:

https://soundcloud.com/bluesking777/freebird777a

BluesKing777.

That was rather splendid old chap.

Funny I hadn't heard of this song before yesterday.I came across it first on the AGF yesterday where there was a long thread on it re .."what do you do if someone calls out for you to play Freebird?"

I realised then it must be a very well known song. In amongst the replies someone posted a clip of Jackson Browne strumming it!

Like your version as much as his.

In other good news...my channel 7 digital reception died 5 minutes before kickoff in yesterday's game...so I managed to avoid seeing the Swans get whopped. (sorry, Aussie rules reference for BK)

That was rather splendid old chap.

Funny I hadn't heard of this song before yesterday.I came across it first on the AGF yesterday where there was a long thread on it re .."what do you do if someone calls out for you to play Freebird?"

I realised then it must be a very well known song. In amongst the replies someone posted a clip of Jackson Browne strumming it!

Like your version as much as his.

In other good news...my channel 7 digital reception died 5 minutes before kickoff in yesterday's game...so I managed to avoid seeing the Swans get whopped. (sorry, Aussie rules reference for BK)

Thanks FB!

I'll be cooking now if someone yells out to me to play it!

Also good to see me and JB on a similar wavelength....

You know, I think the idea came to me when I saw that thread, didn't read the thread, but went to Chordie.com with intent! I had a stupid version printed out a few years back in....sorry LS...hahaha...in Em7! True! Didn't work!

I tuned my Gibson down for the vocal, and really glad I didn't read that thread and see JB do it, though he did a strummer....maybe I would have strummed it too!

Aussie Rules Football? My team fought bravely for the bottom of the ladder 3 or 4 weeks back and wouldnt know what a finals game was if it bit them! I must admit having a snooze in front of the TV after half time........woke up saw the end...PFfffT!!! to all and went to record the track above!

It is great to leave the mics set up ready to go! (In the way of everything else I do, but!

BluesKing777.

Archived