Gibson Brands Forums

Things that make you go "hmmm?" Quirks in the US & elsewhere

L8_4thesh0w

Some situations in the US can be confusing if you really think about it, but I'm sure we don't have a monopoly on things that make you scratch your head and wonder WTF. [confused]

As described; no political, nor rants of any other kind are allowed. =;[-([-X

This is the place to list questions you don't really expect to have answered. [blink]

Such as...

Why does the university of the "Fighting Irish" have a French name? :-k

Σß

Some situations in the US can be confusing if you really think about it, but I'm sure we don't have a monopoly on things that make you scratch your head and wonder WTF. [confused]

As described; no political, nor rants of any other kind are allowed. =;[-([-X

This is the place to list questions you don't really expect to have answered. [blink]

Such as...

Why does the university of the "Fighting Irish" have a French name? :-k

Σß

I may be able to help w/this one.........

Notre Dame Cathedral was/is the most famous Catholic Church in history.....Ireland had the largest per capita percentage of Catholics (and the University was likely founded BY Irish Businessmen)when NDU was founded.

add 1+1=Viola' !!

oops, I just blew the premise of this entire thread.......i'm sitting down and shutting up now..........

The bit with "smell" from Duane made me remember one about the cowboy who came into a restaurant on cattle sale day and an urban tourist scrunched up her nose and said undiplomatically, "Sir, you smell!" to which he responded, "Ma'am, YOU smell. I stink."

m

I may be able to help w/this one.........

Notre Dame Cathedral was/is the most famous Catholic Church in history.....Ireland had the largest per capita percentage of Catholics (and the University was likely founded BY Irish Businessmen)when NDU was founded.

add 1+1=Viola' !!

oops, I just blew the premise of this entire thread.......i'm sitting down and shutting up now..........

No rant = no harm, no foul!

Answer = +1, Thanks B! [laugh]

Σß

Quap...

RE that ear hair... I think it's an arithmatic inversion of loss of hair on other parts of the head.

<grin>

I'm not normally a violent person or one to make physical threats, but I have consistently made threats of serious physical damage to the two barbers across the street from the office - and those turkeys keep ignoring them - and using the mirror to show me the back of my head.

#$%#$%#%@#$%@

<sigh> dunno why they weren't too scared to do so.

m

Archived