Gibson Brands Forums

Bigsby arm getting tight

slk

Has anyone had their Bigsby arm get so tight it doesn't want to rotate down to put it in the case??? A friend of mine told me to watch out for that problem, and sure enough mine got tight. He said he made a little wrench to loosen up the nut on the bottom. I took a different approach. I have some very thin machine oil with a long needle spout and I put (one)small drop on that bushing/non metallic washer, and it freed it up, and it swivels down better now than before. Good or bad it worked for me. I was careful not to get any on the finish of the guitar body. That is why I just used one drop.

My friend also said to watch out for the nut on the output jack coming loose. He said he put some clear nail polish on the top of the threads, and that has stopped it from turning loose.

Steve

My friend also said to watch out for the nut on the output jack coming loose. He said he put some clear nail polish on the top of the threads, and that has stopped it from turning loose.

Haven't had any issues with any of my Bigsby's, but for the jack issues, this is the greatest thing since "sliced bread" if you will:

http://www.amazon.com/JackTight-Electric-Guitar-Output-Repair/dp/B0062OJV0I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412005879&sr=8-1&keywords=jacktight

Archived