Gibson Brands Forums

What would the date of my SG Goth be??

hugo

Anyone have any opinions of this guitar? Is it actually a SG400 Goth? Also, what is your opinion of the Epi Sg's vs. the Gibson Sg's. Do you kinda have to buy the higher end Epi's to get a good one?

Also, can I put EMG's in the Goth Epi without any routing or body changes???

Anyone have any opinions of this guitar? Is it actually a SG400 Goth? Also' date=' what is your opinion of the Epi Sg's vs. the Gibson Sg's. Do you kinda have to buy the higher end Epi's to get a good one?

Also, can I put EMG's in the Goth Epi without any routing or body changes???[/quote']

EGG4PBBH1.jpg

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Goth-G400-Electric-Guitar?sku=517232

Pretty cool "looking" axe, for sure. Actually quality and craftsmanship and sound is another matter. In my opinion there's no comparison between an Epi and a Gibson. Guess it comes down to what you're able to afford and what makes you happy. If this Goth version is designed for that shred-a-death metal sound, it may be just the axe for you.

theres no contest between gibby's and epi's

but im not cutting epi's short of any credit, play the hell out of your epi, and if you really like guitars like that then save up for a gibby in the future, and youll like it even more

and if you decide you dont like guitars with that style, than no worries cause its not like you spent a fortune on an axe you didnt like

Thanks for the replies and I appreciate the honesty. That's why I asked. The gibby's are so expensive though. Can you rec. a model that isn't an arm and a leg? I mean I can replace pickups if I want. I do like the EMG's personally. What do you think or do you guys not mod them and leave 'em as is?

Check on Craigslist or eBay. You can find a used Gibson SG Faded, classic or Special for a around $500.00 or less. Sand her down, spray her black, drop in some EMGs and you're ready to unleash hell for a few hundred more. The difference in quality and overall playability? Priceless.

I hate classical music, thanks that makes me feel better about it. I was thinking about dropping EMG's in it but we'll see. It's been well used but I just fell in love with it. I have alot of guitars, all brand new. A couple were almost 1500 and I still have something for this guitar and I don't know why?? The previous owner put a checker plate pickguard which looks way cool.

I bought an Epi LP 57 Reissue, do any of you know what pickup is in that? It's only got the one which I'm sure all of you know that already?? I also have an Epi Zakk Wylde LP camo guitar. Since I'm just learning I don't really know what is a good guitar and what isn't yet. I'm just starting lessons this week.

I hate classical music' date=' thanks that makes me feel better about it. I was thinking about dropping EMG's in it but we'll see. It's been well used but I just fell in love with it. I have alot of guitars, all brand new. A couple were almost 1500 and I still have something for this guitar and I don't know why?? The previous owner put a checker plate pickguard which looks way cool.

I bought an Epi LP 57 Reissue, do any of you know what pickup is in that? It's only got the one which I'm sure all of you know that already?? I also have an Epi Zakk Wylde LP camo guitar. Since I'm just learning I don't really know what is a good guitar and what isn't yet. I'm just starting lessons this week. [/quote']

If you want to drop EMGs in it you can route a hole under the pickguard.

Archived