Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting new post from Gibson

Rabs

Not sure I agree with everything posted, but I understand the sentiments..... My hope that one day Gibson will supply all Gibbys with factory trap locks [thumbup] .....

+1. thats the first thing I do when I get home with a new guitar. Strap locks...

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strap locks?

Seriously, I chuckle about that one.

Never had 'em. Never cared to use 'em. Never had a problem without 'em.

And believe me, had you seen me on stage in "the old days" when I was doing rock, you'd wonder how I kept from destroying my bod, let alone a guitar.

m

Guest Farnsbarns

My favorite part of taking the I don't care what you think road is, it's a two way street. Right? :)

Absolutely, if you don't use vague, click-bait thread titles. [scared]

Strap locks?

Seriously, I chuckle about that one.

Never had 'em. Never cared to use 'em. Never had a problem without 'em.

And believe me, had you seen me on stage in "the old days" when I was doing rock, you'd wonder how I kept from destroying my bod, let alone a guitar.

m

you da man ... lol

I aggree, If their not happy with the new Gibsons, just dont buy it.

I am sure Gibsons research has proven what ever changes they make will be a profitable one for them.

Not saying I aggree with the changes, I simply just dont care. If Gibson, Fender, Gretsch or any manufacturer makes a change I dont like, I just wont buy that model guitar.

Too many nice guitars on the market <even used Gibsons> for me to even care about a change on a new Gibson that I dont like.

I'm not anti Gibson at all im anti being pushed into a higher bracket of spending to get what I want.

You must need to be on IV drip of demerol to go to the grocery store if you get this whacked about guitars.

rct

Seriously. I do the shopping, and have Raymond Babbitt brain when I go. The MegaFlation, price up/quantity down is astounding. The Grocery Shrink Ray page* is over worked, they hardly even respond if you send them one they've got so many to get up there. I ache for the moms(boy do I!) that have to buy milk at nearly 10 dollars a gallon along with the ever shrinking 6,7,8 dollar box of cereal that lasts about a day. It is truly awful, I do not know how these kids are feeding their kids except maybe credit cards, and 18%, 24% on food is a horrible loan sharking job.

rct

*Grocery Shrink Ray

I know (only too well) that the film this is from is of a VERY serious subject matter and am not making light of that and certainly don't want to offend anyone... But this did make me laugh ALOT :)

But then, a couple 'rounds of black masking tape, around the slice at

the strap hole, works wonders, too!

If I show anyone today a picture of me back then, the only thing they ever ask is "why the duct tape on yer guitar strap?". Hit records? Trashed hotel rooms? Groupies? Nope, it's the duct tape on the guitar strap. Humiliating I tell ya.

rct

If I show anyone today a picture of me back then, the only thing they ever ask is "why the duct tape on yer guitar strap?". Hit records? Trashed hotel rooms? Groupies? Nope, it's the duct tape on the guitar strap. Humiliating I tell ya.

rct

LOL, yeah, I used to use that, as well. But the black masking tape wrapped a few times,

was as effective, and easier to remove! [biggrin] But, I love the looks I get, when I ask

the bartenders (before a bar gig) if they have any Grolsch beer cap washers!

CB

I've seen this clip before, mocking some other product (I think), but that was great!

And yeah, I've seen this actual movie, as well. Without getting too "heavy," here...

What "Adolf" did, was unconscionable, at best, but he is one of many such tyrants,

that NEED to be mocked, and ridiculed, at every opportunity!

I'd love to see John Cleese, as "Adolf!" Can you imagine?! [lol] [lol] [lol]

Speaking of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPxBjIuNIto

CB

Archived