Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting new post from Gibson

Rabs

I was about to go take a #1 but saw this, so I watched it. I was laughing so hard, well, you know what happened...literally!

...just ribbing you, Donny. We all love you!

Yes indeed... nothing against him in any way it was just a funny thread title to lead to the video.. which im still laughing at 30 mins later [biggrin]

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, just one thought here...

My youngest Bro - he's over 40 but born into a rather different generation - just got an LP (he likes LPs, unlike me) "Future Tribute," asymmetrical neck, with the Steinbergers 'stedda the minitune...

He's been playing well over 20 years. He reeally likes this one. And the Steinbergers.

Ain't what I'd buy.

So here's my deal...

He's quite happy with an LP and with this configuration of the LP. He's quite bright and a decent picker. It works for him how he plays and how his head works.

I wouldn't even consider that instrument. I'd like to think I'm half bright and a half decent picker. I choose other instruments for how I play and how my head works.

My perspective on the instruments under discussion is pretty much the same.

m

Then it would have a locking nut and still locking tuners would be unneeded.

Not necessarily. You can use a Floyd bridge with out a locking nut and a locking nut without a Floyd bridge. Though I doubt that brass zero-fret would work very well with a trem of any sort.

I know (only too well) that the film this is from is of a VERY serious subject matter and am not making light of that and certainly don't want to offend anyone... But this did make me laugh ALOT :)

Hey Rabs that was great, I almost fell off my chair laughing. So what now boys are we not buying anymore Gibbys? I am seriously considering another Ric as of yesterday anyway.

I know (only too well) that the film this is from is of a VERY serious subject matter and am not making light of that and certainly don't want to offend anyone... But this did make me laugh ALOT :)

Sorry, I first had to mute the original tone for trying to enjoy. [unsure]

While viewing, I felt the disappointment and disillusionment among many potential Gibson buyers. I remembered the people who were hoping that after the 120th anniversary in 2014 some kind of a "normal" 2015 model year would follow. Les Paul's 100th birthday is definitely worth celebrating but I have my doubts that Gibson found an appropriate way of doing it. [crying]

Rabs, I'm mindful that you are now a competitor to Gibson... [biggrin][laugh]

Lol... I wish... :)

I just found it interesting.. Cos everyone goes around saying you can just change the robots out and swap them for regular tuners... Maybe not so much?? :-k or worried about an aftermarket abundance of them on ebay and a bunch of guitars that may not play as well if someone doesn't then get a set up done....

Archived