Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for a Royale white P93 Riviera

crust

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really enjoying playing this one...I never had an "unusual" guitar like this...Both of my kids (well, is 31 and 28 y/o a kid any more ?...lol) really like this one also. My oldest son came over from his place and we jammed a bit yesterday...he had a big smile. I think I'll use this one with the effects pedals...a bit more than the semi and hollow electrics. I dig effects and have a bunch of pedals and multi pedals because I dig making odd noise with my guitars (hey..that's what effects pedals are for...right...lolol) The solid body guitars don't feedback as much with a "chain" of effects all going off at once...msp_smile.gif So, this will be my "experimentation" guitar. I have several pedals of different functionality on order, as well as a great big pile of ones I've used since I got an electric guitar...in 1966...lol

The finish is what it is, no rough or uneven/"bad" spots, but some light streaks, certainly not a "solid" color...and the wood grain shows through a bit, nice touch...look at the pictures. I think it looks OK, some "shadowing" in the silver stain, not all that bad actually, not at all. I guess I'm not that picky...lol..well, I didn't return it....msp_thumbup.giflol ...and I think it looks cool as all "get out" with the corner/ edge and neck binding around the frets and was surprised how comfortable it is to play, both sitting and standing (with a nice wide strap) very nice indeed. msp_thumbup.gif

My kids say they are going to go "all metal"msp_laugh.gif with this one...fun as heck to play...they all aremsp_biggrin.gif but there is something about this particular style that is different than my others...the "cool factor" is definitely there, and the instrument itself is just fine...another great Epiphone electric guitar...I mean...just look at the thing....lol msp_wub.gif

Yes it looks nice the minute they came out i had to have one. My son pushed me to get it . And yes its a rocker and i like the TV finishes . Next you should try a flying V . I have one of Gibsons Fed guitars that is a nice guitar to . You have some beautiful guitars keep up the great job of collecting them. I am leaving all my guitars to my kids . I think they are a great investment . And i think we are in a great time to buy great guitars at a nice price.

Yes it looks nice the minute they came out i had to have one. My son pushed me to get it . And yes its a rocker and i like the TV finishes . Next you should try a flying V . I have one of Gibsons Fed guitars that is a nice guitar to . You have some beautiful guitars keep up the great job of collecting them. I am leaving all my guitars to my kids . I think they are a great investment . And i think we are in a great time to buy great guitars at a nice price.

As I've stated before, some say "An Epiphone guitar will not hold it's value", to that I say "BS". The Epiphone guitars being made now, and in the last few years are imho absolutely beautiful "playable" works of art of the highest quality, made by today's greatest luthiers (no matter where in the world they come from). Just this one man's opinion.msp_smile.gif

Archived