Gibson Brands Forums

i got respect for alot of drummers...

ninety1vee

You said respect and drummers in the same sentence. We have a code of conduct here. I'll expect you to live up to it from now on. Any future violations will result in a forced two day weekend visit to djroge1's house for wayward souls. Also,I need not remind you there is still a prohibition on " at-a-boys" given to bass players who never use more then two strings.

You said respect and drummers in the same sentence. We have a code of conduct here. I'll expect you to live up to it from now on. Any future violations will result in a forced two day weekend visit to djroge1's house for wayward souls. Also' date='I need not remind you there is still a prohibition on " at-a-boys" given to bass players who never use more then two strings.

[/quote']

Yeah, Whatever....

Sorry homz but I'm gonna have to breaks the rules too any say I've got a ton of respect for the drummers (and the rest of the musicians) that have to sit in the dark behind the Jonas Bros. and Miley Cyrus and whatever Disney thing I might've forgotten.

But yeah Neil Peart's my favorite

I've played drums (and still do) since I was 11 years old, so over 25 years. Neil Peart likened playing drums to running a marathon while doing calculus in your head. Reasonable analogy.

Check out guys like Steve Gadd and Vinnie Colaiuta. They'll knock your socks off for completely different reasons.

I've recently picked up the guitar and I feel like a kid again - both in good and bad ways. I forgot how hard it was for me to learn paradiddles and now I'm trying to play scales and chords on a guitar. I know, all in good time.

Why the switch? Number 1: A 2 1/2 year old at home limits practice time for drums, but guitar amps have volume dials. Number 2: Pete Townshend!

This pushed me over the edge:

It's not often in life that you can pinpoint where a big change happened, and those that play instruments recognize the importance playing one has in one's life, but hearing PT sing and play that song in that manner - that we've all heard so many times - inspired me.

I'm looking forward to a lot of conversation about guitars and will likely lean on this community for a lot of knowledge.

P.S. What did the drummer get on his IQ test? Drool!

WHAT !!??>?!! Keith Moon - always and forever in awe of his talent. Unfortunately gone.

Brian

The best. It cannot be said enough. Simply the best.

My little brother used to work with a drummer who one night at The Avalon ballroom , I think, when the power went down played a 20 min. solo in the dark. Mucho respect.

as far as drummers go, My favorites are

Dave Grohl

Taylor Hawkins

Joey Castillo

But I'm sure I'm forgetting some... as you can tell, i favor drummers that beat the **** out of the drums...

I think that drummers are extremely important!!!

I hate how everyone always seems to forget the bassists and the drummers... there's more to a band than guitarists and singers... If i had the $$$ and the space I'd really like to get into drums...

Archived