Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J 200

g6120

Vintage = $$$$$$$$

But they are so worth it especially those built 1955-1959 (or 1960 if you favor a thinner neck). But yeah, I could not afford the J-200 we own if I had to buy it today.

I would also say make sure you play a bunch of them. Their sound is not everyone's cup of tea. But they may just be the best strummers on the face of the planet.

But they are so worth it especially those built 1955-1959 (or 1960 if you favor a thinner neck). But yeah, I could not afford the J-200 we own if I had to buy it today.

I would also say make sure you play a bunch of them. Their sound is not everyone's cup of tea. But they may just be the best strummers on the face of the planet.

I played a killer 57 J200 at the Frethouse.... And yes it was killer.... But $9000 would had been too painful...lol

I tried.... nobody budged.... so I ended up paying $3799 [confused]

Yes, you've got to find a dealer that's willing discount. I've bought guitars at Wildwood, including a couple new Gibson guitars and they've given me discounts. For instance, last year I bought a AJ Red Spruce MAP $3299 and I got it for $2900 - about 12%.

No difference AFAIK.

Go to their website: http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Super-Jumbo/Gibson-Acoustic/SJ-200-Standard.aspx

You'll notice in the upper left text display "SJ-200 Standard"

And over the image of the guitar is "King of the Flat-tops" . . J-200 Standard

Confusing enough for you? . B)

Sweetwater quoted me $3180.00 after Zzounds quoted me $3197 after I sent them a lowest price match request. The one I sent them was Musicians Friends $3230, which was MAP minus the 15% off coupon they are currently running. This is ok if you are ok with a mail order and not being able to play it first.

g6, Congrats! You are in for the ride of your life. These babies are the most versatile I've seen. Famous for their strumming, but also delicate enough for fingerpicking, if you've got the touch. It is my "go to" guitar for the 8 years I've had it. Gold Luck!

Archived