Gibson Brands Forums

NPD

EVOL!

Even though both my amps have tremolo, I have been jamming at hourly rooms where none of the amps have it. Thought I could live without tremolo, but I cannot. It is part of my sound so I grabbed one of these. It is simple (just the way I like it) and sounds great. Richness is one notch below my Fender DRRI and my Silvertone 1484 and that may be because those two amps have tube tremolo units.

300x300.jpg

Cool Tremolo is such a cool effect, I am more of a "chord" tremolo user, I need to take the time to develop a better skill playing single note stuff.

When you say it is part of your sound, how do you use it?

My tremolo is a VFE Rise and Fall, glad I bought it when I did because it is a great tremolo and they are pricier now.

When you say it is part of your sound, how do you use it?

For color, mostly on bridges. Sometimes I strum a chord and let the tremolo sound ring out. Other times I'll engage the tremolo and arpeggiate through a series of chords. It is great for giving the listener a different look if your song has a similar feel through the parts.

I played a gig last week with a Marshall instead of one of my usual Fender combos. Know what I missed most... the tremolo. I don't use it a lot, but for some songs it is the perfect touch. Good to know there is a pedal that does a decent job. [thumbup]

Rehearsal is Wednesday night so I'll have a full report after. So far I have only tried it out at bedroom levels.

One of the amazing things about this pedal is how dang small it is. Altoids tins are fatter.

Archived