Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar and pedal day!

Guitar God

Got a new guitar and pedal today! [biggrin] Got a Paul Stanley signature Silvertone Sovereign and an MXR Uni-Vibe pedal. Got the Silvertone off a guy on Craigslist and actually a good guitar for the money and I'm a BIG KISS fan anyway. Planning on beefing out this guitar. The guy also had a little Peavey practice amp that came with it, too, so I got it. $140 for the guitar and amp package. Haven't plugged up the little Peavey practice amp to check it out, yet, but I will in a little bit. The MXR Uni-Vibe came from a local music store and got it used for $100. Looks brand new. Had my eye on one since they first came out. Getting ready to plug it up right now. Anyway, here's the guitar and pedal:

I51M325.jpg

AaNery8.jpg

Hi Guitar God, congrats with the new guitar and pedal. After watching a review by Andertons on Youtube, I've ordered the MXR Univibe and a Ditto Looper this morning, due for delivery Thursday.

How are you finding the MXR Univibe?

Have fun with your new gear. Can't wait to play with my new toys. :)

Thanks! [biggrin] Awesome! Congrats on your new toys, as well! eusa_clap.gif I've got a BOSS RC-3 Loop Station looper pedal and like it a lot. Loopers are really cool pedals. The MXR Uni-Vibe is an AWESOME pedal! I'm very happy with it. Had my eye on one since they came out. Got mine used for $100, but it's in pretty much brand new shape. I think you'll be more than happy with it. Let me know how you like it and your looper pedal when they come in. [thumbup]

Hi Guitar God, really impressed with both pedals. The MXR Univibe is fantastic for all the classic sounds, I couldn't resist it and had to play Star Spangled Banner. A great pedal. The Ditto Looper is perfect for me, it has one dial (loop level) and a footswitch (on/off record/play/overdub undo/redo), very simple and easy to use. I've had a fun filled day. Got my eye on a Joe Bonamassa wah wah. :)

Hi Guitar God, really impressed with both pedals. The MXR Univibe is fantastic for all the classic sounds, I couldn't resist it and had to play Star Spangled Banner. A great pedal. The Ditto Looper is perfect for me, it has one dial (loop level) and a footswitch (on/off record/play/overdub undo/redo), very simple and easy to use. I've had a fun filled day. Got my eye on a Joe Bonamassa wah wah. :)

Awesome! Glad you like them! [biggrin] I love my MXR Uni-Vibe. As a matter of fact, the Star Spangled Banner was the first song I played, as well, when I hooked it up. Couldn't resist, haha. Speaking of the Ditto Looper you got, I'm not too familiar with the brand. Have you ever tried the BOSS Loop Station? If so, how do you like your Ditto compared to the BOSS? I have a BOSS RC-3 Loop Station. Nice! Haven't tried the Joe Bonamassa wah, but I'd love to try one out. Speaking of Joe Bonamassa, have you heard his new album, yet? If not, check it out. It's amazing!

Awesome! Glad you like them! [biggrin] I love my MXR Uni-Vibe. As a matter of fact, the Star Spangled Banner was the first song I played, as well, when I hooked it up. Couldn't resist, haha. Speaking of the Ditto Looper you got, I'm not too familiar with the brand. Have you ever tried the BOSS Loop Station? If so, how do you like your Ditto compared to the BOSS? I have a BOSS RC-3 Loop Station. Nice! Haven't tried the Joe Bonamassa wah, but I'd love to try one out. Speaking of Joe Bonamassa, have you heard his new album, yet? If not, check it out. It's amazing!

I was tempted with the BOSS RC-3 Loop Station, but I liked the simplicity of the Ditto Looper, and it was half the price of the BOSS, plus the money I've saved will go towards the Joe Bonamassa wah :) I've had my Jim Dunlop Crybaby wah for 22 years , I came across the Joe Bonamassa wah by accident and found it more responsive (thats my excuse heehee). I'm new to Joe Bonamassa, but got hooked through an article in Guitarist magazine. I watched the video links which led to buying the album. Watched a Youtube video of Joe Bonamassa playing Paul Kossoff's Les Paul, it was amazing. Paul Kossoff's guitar was alot louder than the Les Paul Joe Bonamassa uses. Will be getting more of his music :)

I was tempted with the BOSS RC-3 Loop Station, but I liked the simplicity of the Ditto Looper, and it was half the price of the BOSS, plus the money I've saved will go towards the Joe Bonamassa wah :) I've had my Jim Dunlop Crybaby wah for 22 years , I came across the Joe Bonamassa wah by accident and found it more responsive (thats my excuse heehee). I'm new to Joe Bonamassa, but got hooked through an article in Guitarist magazine. I watched the video links which led to buying the album. Watched a Youtube video of Joe Bonamassa playing Paul Kossoff's Les Paul, it was amazing. Paul Kossoff's guitar was alot louder than the Les Paul Joe Bonamassa uses. Will be getting more of his music :)

I looked into the bonamassa wah a few years ago and really liked the feature of being able to turn the buffer on and off. I just could get past the fact it sounds more like wow than wah to be honest but it's all down to personal taste. I ended up with a teese wah

Cool. [thumbup] I think the BOSS RC-3 is pretty simple, myself, but it's the only Looper I've had any experience with and I've never had any experience with Ditto. Sweet! I haven't tried the Joe Bonamassa wah. Isn't it limited edition? If not, I thought it was. Awesome you're getting into him. :) His new album is fantastic! Reese Wynans, who was Stevie Ray's organ player, is playing organ and piano on it and Anton Fig, who drums for David Letterman's house band and Ace Frehley's solo stuff, is drumming on it, too.

Cool. [thumbup] I think the BOSS RC-3 is pretty simple, myself, but it's the only Looper I've had any experience with and I've never had any experience with Ditto. Sweet! I haven't tried the Joe Bonamassa wah. Isn't it limited edition? If not, I thought it was. Awesome you're getting into him. :) His new album is fantastic! Reese Wynans, who was Stevie Ray's organ player, is playing organ and piano on it and Anton Fig, who drums for David Letterman's house band and Ace Frehley's solo stuff, is drumming on it, too.

Well I couldn't resist it any longer (so much for having debit card under lock and key) :lol: i got the Joe Bonamassa wah this morning. Now I can compare this with my old Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby wah, side by side test. The joe Bonamassa has more scope its a hell of alot more responsive. Really neat battery compartment underneath the pedal, no more removing the bottom plate. It also has a true hardwire bypass switch inside the casing. I'm still none the wiser if this is a limited edition. No mention in the booklet, just says Signature Series.

Joe Bonamassa is playing with some cool musicians :)

I looked into the bonamassa wah a few years ago and really liked the feature of being able to turn the buffer on and off. I just could get past the fact it sounds more like wow than wah to be honest but it's all down to personal taste. I ended up with a teese wah

Hi Krock, thank you for mentioning the Teese wah. I checked them out on the net, nice selection, but I had a certain sound in my head so I bought the Joe Bonamassa wah. Funny old things ears :)

Archived