Gibson Brands Forums

52 Gibson LG1 Photos

BluesKing777

No reason, just for the fun, here are some photos I just took of my 1952 Gibson LG1 - it is certainly a case of having pretty well everything horrible done to it one time or another, but now sounds better than ever for slide in Open D - after some repairs....and a bone nut with ebony bridge mentioned in another thread (and the little apple tree is just starting to bud here for the photo!):

LG1-Apple1_zps5769f4af.jpg

LG1-Apple2_zps8360830f.jpg

LG1-Apple3_zpsc85e9c82.jpg

more to come....

I just recorded a few riffs in Open D with my thick DB Redhouse Bottleneck - why I am not getting the neck set - plenty of space for the fat bottle!

Don't let the benign photos of this guitar above deceive you - both these old dogs can be real fierce! Just like people think: "That can't be a lovely Labrador trying to kill my dog" - same with the LG1! [biggrin]

Yep, they both have some real mean thing lurking inside! (the dog we saved from 'the chair' because I was supposed to good with training dogs - well that proved to be the previous dogs were nice, not me any good at training! This one stamped with "Never To Be Let Loose!")

Proof of guitar:

https://soundcloud.com/bluesking777/d-riff77a

BluesKing777.

Archived