Gibson Brands Forums

1994 J 200 review

JuanCarlosVejar

Say, JC, wasn't Ren building you a MM J-200?

Nick,

Yes he still is ... as you may know he is pretty busy with guild but from what he told me he works on them when he is in Bozeman.

At NAMM he said he was down to 7 ( if I remember correctly) and that mine would be the last one.

top : Mastergrade Sitka

b\s : 5 A quilted maple

the only lefty ever made.

I hope it is done sometime next year.Will check with Ren at the next NAMM if I can.

JC

Nick,

Yes he still is ... as you may know he is pretty busy with guild but from what he told me he works on them when he is in Bozeman.

At NAMM he said he was down to 7 ( if I remember correctly) and that mine would be the last one.

top : Mastergrade Sitka

b\s : 5 A quilted maple

the only lefty ever made.

I hope it is done sometime next year.Will check with Ren at the next NAMM if I can.

JC

What are you getting built? MM?

I surrender and eat all the bling here – no way around it.

The guitar sounds enormous from 4:55 and forward and I'm not afraid of the bass.

Can we hear the 20 years behind it, , , guess it would bemore obvious in real life, but it's there.

The top has aged beautifully and I even think that what seems to be a long lacquer scar above the s-hole suits her royal highness (could it be just a reflection).

I'd like to send an invitation – but don't believe she would want to stay in this simple temple too long. .

I wasn't aware that Ren was still working in Bozeman?

Am I the only one to think that, if Ren started a guitar company of his own called "Ferguson", it would sell like crazy?

WR,

Ren still lives in Bozeman , he has a workshop in his home I believe.

He used to build under the Ferguson name back in his days in Venice Beach CA.

Since he moved to Bozeman it is said he has done 2 under the ferguson brand , here is one of them :

archangelguitar_zpseacd3fc3.jpg

d3_10413_zps15cca7ee.jpg

d3_10402_zpsba671446.jpg

d3_10409_zps2180dcb1.jpg

d3_10412_zps842da323.jpg

bl_2353_squayle_guitar_back_zps0e711189.jpg

JC

Archived