Gibson Brands Forums

NGD, nice "highly figured" Wildkat

crust

you only live once my friends, do it while you are able...tomorrow never knows...ask John

When I first heard this song, at age 13 or 14, my "guitar playing" and "idea" of what "music" is, changed my perception of "music", forever

love

Interesting...

Most folks I knew on the rez (several reservations, actually) my age smoked. Me too. Can't really play traditional sorts of blues without at least some tobacco smoke. Too, that's carrying on something of both traditions.

m

My dad told me his gggg grandfather grew and sold tobacco to the original 1620 "Plymouth Pilgrims" (Thanksgiving) I believe it, he said the Indians knew it was "bad". As a "curiosity", m, my wife, 2 sons and grandson are descendants of 2 of the "Plymouth Pilgrims". Her father was a long time smoker and passed of lung cancer at age 51, 30 years ago.dry.gifmsp_sad.gif

http://www.ask.com/w...Colony_governor)?o=2801&qsrc=999&ad=doubleDown&an=apn&ap=ask.com

http://www.ask.com/w...lower_passenger)?o=2801&qsrc=999&ad=doubleDown&an=apn&ap=ask.com

My earliest known relative's birth was near you.

We are kinda newcomers to America except for a few who were too far west to greet them.

Joseph D

Born 1680 in Mendon, MA

David D. in first American Civil War (1770s into 1780s) served with his father-in-law as a private in Capt. Benjamin Hasting's co., Col. Asa Whitcomb's (23rd) regt. order for bounty coat or its equivalent in money dated Putney, VT, 30 Jan 1776.

m

I must say, that finish and color looks suspiciously like the one found on the Joe Perry Boneyard Les Paul. [glare] Which is one of my favorites. Well done! [thumbup]

Interesting, thanks for letting me know that...could be the same, only on a Wildkat, most likely is. I saw Joe Perry perform with Jimmy Page and the Black Crows about 15 years ago...man where does the time go ?msp_unsure.gifmsp_sleep.gif

My earliest known relative's birth was near you.

We are kinda newcomers to America except for a few who were too far west to greet them.

Joseph D

Born 1680 in Mendon, MA

David D. in first American Civil War (1770s into 1780s) served with his father-in-law as a private in Capt. Benjamin Hasting's co., Col. Asa Whitcomb's (23rd) regt. order for bounty coat or its equivalent in money dated Putney, VT, 30 Jan 1776.

m

I find history, genealogical research and local history of this area (Southeastern Massachusetts) fascinating. My father, among other things, was chairman of the Foxborough, Massachusetts Historical Commision. I used to accompany him and some of the DPW crew to old houses in the town prior to demolition or development. It was fun looking at some of the very old houses, a few "George Washington slept here" places out on US Route 1. I have great memories of my old dad...he liked my guitar playing and always encouraged me, even when my playing wasn't too good...just smiled and said "good job" smile.gif

Archived