Gibson Brands Forums

Another.. You know you are getting old thread

Rabs

So I thought it would be fun for another You know you are getting old when...... thread... as they are amusing and we have enough new people around for some even more fun..

You know you are getting old when....

I keep having to lift my glassed to read smaller print [crying]

The first thing I see when I look in the mirror is the ever growing shiny patch on the top of my head that bounces light of it at an alarming rate

When I stated counting how many times I have to get up to pee at night [lol] (and no im not telling you how many :P)

Almost EVERYONE seems to be younger than me....

over to you :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found out that flamed maple has been a very common wood for beds and wardrobes in the 1950s. That having said, I obviously prefer guitar tops looking like the favoured sleeping room furniture of my parents' generation, so I must be fairly old meanwhile. [biggrin]

Perhaps there's a reason why the bursts didn't sell that well then... [rolleyes]

I ran into some "ex" neighbors (didn't want to say "old" neighbors, lol) the other day at the market. We're all about the same age (late 60's) and just got chatting about how things were going, and obviously the topic turned to just aging. She had an Aunt who said "Oh to be 50 again...nothing hurts and everything works". I can relate on some levels [flapper]

When I realized my 50th high school reunion has already come and gone. Damn, and I missed it.

Or when you go into a "Dennys" or other places to eat and the automatically give you the senior menu.

The medications for the day have to be taken in two handfuls.

Or the old saying, "What I used to do all night, now takes me all night to do it"

I am an underwriter and recently bought a magnifying glass because reports are getting moe complex and the font is getting smaller.

I can't believe I did not buy one before with all of those hard to read faxes of the past.

Still buying a magnifying glass made me feel old.

Naps. I love naps. Naps are like Lima Beans. I hated them as a kid. Now I can't seem to get enough of them.

My beard is more gray than brown.

Realizing the Jethro Tull tune your humming isnt bouncing around in your head, its the muzak playing in the grocery store you've gone into.

Watching some teens walking down your street and thinking "Punk Kids"

When a 2 inch hair appears on the top of your ear that wasn't there yesterday.

When you sit on the toilet to fart.

When you are really pleased with how well your 3rd nose hair trimmer works.

When you embrace your dirty old man phase without shame.

Guest Farnsbarns

When you take your department out to visit all the company sites (like I am right now) and you thought the music they put on was the car braking down.

Archived