Gibson Brands Forums

Another.. You know you are getting old thread

Rabs

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Farnsbarns

I'm only 22, but there are some little things that make me feel old, haha. Like seeing little kids with iPhones and Smartphones and know how to work one better than I do. I'm completely lost with one. Heck, I started playing guitar at 8 years old back in 2000 and my Christmas list or what I wanted for my Birthday was a new guitar or a few toys or a game system and some games or some Legos or something. That's one thing that blows my mind and makes me feel old, though I'm only 22, haha.

Anyone who has only vague memories of the world pre-internet has no business feeling old. I just realized as a write that you were born in the 90s, you're the very definition of youth, please come back and read this again in 20+ years! I guarantee you'll chuckle at yourself. Now someone like Milod will come along and tell me the same, I know that.

1414128423[/url]' post='1581513']

When a 2 inch hair appears on the top of your ear that wasn't there yesterday.

When you sit on the toilet to fart.

When you are really pleased with how well your 3rd nose hair trimmer works.

When you embrace your dirty old man phase without shame.

I have come to terms with the fact that...I will now lose the Levi's and...get a pair of pleated pants and..."GET BACK INTO LIFE"

Knuckle...

No Levis here.

Wranglers. They support rodeo and are better shaped anyway. It appears I'm old enough to be your Dad - but I can still get over the fence if needed while in a rodeo arena and a critter might choose to figure I make a good target or they're going too fast to really care.

Still, the khakis are fine for times when one prefers something of a more professorial look, complete to tweed jacket and if necessary a nice silk rep tie. Actually for all sorts of fun and games a well-cut and tailored suit can work best. One might have it tailored for classical guitar pickin' or "carrying" or...

m

1414559147[/url]' post='1583788']

Knuckle...

No Levis here.

Wranglers. They support rodeo and are better shaped anyway. It appears I'm old enough to be your Dad - but I can still get over the fence if needed while in a rodeo arena and a critter might choose to figure I make a good target or they're going too fast to really care.

Still, the khakis are fine for times when one prefers something of a more professorial look, complete to tweed jacket and if necessary a nice silk rep tie. Actually for all sorts of fun and games a well-cut and tailored suit can work best. One might have it tailored for classical guitar pickin' or "carrying" or...

m

Ima have to turn in my Levi's cuz I leak from every orifice on my body...depends diapers fit under pleated better than Levi's...8-)..... And as far as age...20years of being a junkie.. (15 years clean)..and cancer with radiation treatment..has aged me way beyond my years...not left me with much, but I'm top side of the dirt..ROCKIN till they drag my dead arse from the curb..

You know you are getting old when the first album you bought was the Van Halen debut, when the 20th anniversary of the JFK assassination seems like yesterday, when you've heard the media hype global cooling, then global warming, then global cooling again, when you remember owning those copper-colored coffee pots and a black and white TV with rabbit ears and the massive dial to turn the channels, and when you could only watch TV until 2am when the Star Spangled Banner came on, if you remember when NFL Football was only on Sundays and Monday night (not Sunday, Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday night and Saturday for playoffs), if you can remember being able to have a sense of humor and not 'offending' every person and most importantly- If you can remember the days when someone like Joe Pass or Jeff Beck could actually make money playing instrumentals to a fan base that understood music.

You know you are getting old when the first album you bought was the Van Halen debut, when the 20th anniversary of the JFK assassination seems like yesterday, when you've heard the media hype global cooling, then global warming, then global cooling again, when you remember owning those copper-colored coffee pots and a black and white TV with rabbit ears and the massive dial to turn the channels, and when you could only watch TV until 2am when the Star Spangled Banner came on, if you remember when NFL Football was only on Sundays and Monday night (not Sunday, Sunday night, Monday night, Thursday night and Saturday for playoffs), if you can remember being able to have a sense of humor and not 'offending' every person and most importantly- If you can remember the days when someone like Joe Pass or Jeff Beck could actually make money playing instrumentals to a fan base that understood music.

When someone replies to a post and you remember right before that Star Spangled Banner was a commercial-like video of a jet pilot with a recitation of a poem titled "High Flight."

Archived