Gibson Brands Forums

2014 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Custom

GibsonKramer

OK, as far as I know... no such thing exists ('14 LP Studio Pro Custom).

I love my Studio Pro. Just straight forward, not a lot of fancy bells and whistles (or silly electro tuners and db gains - blah). I just wanted a Les Paul. I think I scored, one of the nicest playing and sounding guitars I've owned, or played... and that's really what's important. Took my time playing them, until I found one I liked.

Something kept bugging me, though and I couldn't put my finger on it. Until the other night I was enjoying a pastime... looking at, reading about Les Pauls... then I saw the '59 and it hit me!

So I ripped all that black stuff off, genuine Gibson replacements. Yeah, I made some slight changes, to the original setup... but I wanted it somewhat updated, plus its never going to look THAT good.

I still think it came out looking pretty sexy, however.

post-67295-093311000 1414222072_thumb.jpg

In fact, you switched from Custom to Standard plastics. So you obviously didn't customize her, you standardized her instead. [biggrin]

I love that "Standard" look better, too. The cream coloured parts make her even more of an eyecatcher. [wub]

Well done! [thumbup]

Thanks for the correction. Good thing I didn't get that truss rod cover plate made. :-D

Have to get one made, Studio Pro Standard

So what's all this crying about 2014 Gibsons? I know there were a lot of models, lot of confusion, but mine is a very fine guitar. One that someone looking for a Les Paul, in this price range would have to be a complete idiot to pass on it, because of some 2014 hurt. Now, with the 2015 lineup I can understand. They're trying to reinvent the guitar with all that crap and what is up with the ugly baby poop color pickguard, pickup rings, etc?

Glad you guys like it. Trying to ask my kids is like talking to a park bench. "Hey, which one you all like?"... "Eh oh I dunno."

Glad you guys like it. Trying to ask my kids is like talking to a park bench. "Hey, which one you all like?"... "Eh oh I dunno."

After divorcement my kids are the only persons I ask for their opinions, and surprisingly they agree with mine in most cases. They obviously are chips off the old block. [biggrin]

My bandmates have to live with the looks of my guitars, but this is a mutual consent on looks. In contrary, sounds are discussed intensely... [rolleyes]

... Good thing I didn't get that truss rod cover plate made. :-D

Have to get one made, Studio Pro Standard

Well, since I'm a fan of blank truss rod covers, it wouldn't bother me. A TRC saying nothing could be a nice idea now that you "de-customized" her... ;)

Furthermore, the most valuable Gibsons of all time have blank truss rod covers. Seems to be an upgrade to me. [lol]

Well, since I'm a fan of blank truss rod covers, it wouldn't bother me. A TRC saying nothing could be a nice idea now that you "de-customized" her... ;)

Furthermore, the most valuable Gibsons of all time have blank truss rod covers. Seems to be an upgrade to me. [lol]

Oh hey... I kind of like that idea and the short history. Always appreciate seeing your input. My only absolute, is putting Gibson parts on it. I've got all the old screws, parts and packaging set aside with the certificates for the guitar. While I can't ever see selling it, if my family has need to part with it, they'll have everything.

Oh hey... I kind of like that idea and the short history. Always appreciate seeing your input. My only absolute, is putting Gibson parts on it. I've got all the old screws, parts and packaging set aside with the certificates for the guitar. While I can't ever see selling it, if my family has need to part with it, they'll have everything.

Same here - only Gibson parts, and all the stock parts on the shelf. [thumbup]

Archived