Gibson Brands Forums

Blackfoot Gypsies

Riffster

A friend has been inviting me to see these guys live for a while, yesterday was the day, they played Musician's Corner, which happens at Centennial Park on Saturdays during the summer, Food Trucks, Beer Garden, free entry and live music....yep it is like you'd imagine heaven.

Since my friend is such a fan I got to meet the band before they took to the stage and man they ripped it up. Great set, great sound and great performance. Check them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCfI7J_SG80

A friend has been inviting me to see these guys live for a while, yesterday was the day, they played Musician's Corner, which happens at Centennial Park on Saturdays during the summer, Food Trucks, Beer Garden, free entry and live music....yep it is like you'd imagine heaven.

Since my friend is such a fan I got to meet the band before they took to the stage and man they ripped it up. Great set, great sound and great performance. Check them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCfI7J_SG80

Any idea what that Hollowbody the singer is playin?

I know I'm somewhat showing my age, but when I hit the "play" button, an old '60s piece reeeeeeally came to mind.

and that's no insult at all, cuz the "gypsies" sound quite good.

Still ... and remembering my own years in the '60s when I grew a moustache to celebrate that I was, indeed, a boy regardless of hair that covered my ears at times. Ah, what a different era.

<grin> BTW, you may note that the drummer has a hook for one of his hands.

m

The guitar player and bass player do look very young and they are very eccentric. They did have a police record after a well documented incident with the police.

Milod they definitely sound like something out of the mid-late sixties, the singer's voice reminds me of the Everly Brothers.

As for the guitar. I did not see it up close but looked like a Harmony Ricket to me.

Archived