Gibson Brands Forums

Question about a Epiphone SG

EvoRider

I am looking at trading for a Epiphone SG in white. it is a G400 with chrome hardware. the guy is saying it is a custom shop but on the pictures he has sent me it does not say custom shop on the back of the headstock. . I cant download the pic to the forum file size is to large. But here is the serial number if that helps. 08121513047

I am really digging the white color.. And that is odd because i like black SG's..

any Epiphone "Custom Shop" isn't really anything special. they are usually just special runs of certain colors or models that aren't always in production. I wouldn't trade for any value more than what a regular G-400 would go for...

any Epiphone "Custom Shop" isn't really anything special. they are usually just special runs of certain colors or models that aren't always in production. I wouldn't trade for any value more than what a regular G-400 would go for...

as far as I have heard, re: epi,, that is a correct reply.

Agreed on all the above. Don't buy / trade for a "Custom Shop". Buy or trade for a guitar with the features you want. If you like bound fretboards, stop tail bridges, maestro vibrato, or think Classic 57 pickups are great, etc, then look for those things. Custom Shop means someone got out a little stamp and marked it Custom Shop before it left the factory, nothing more.

Archived