Gibson Brands Forums

I have the weirdest dreams

ksdaddy

So imagine Henry with a prototype Gibson electric laid out on a table in a parking lot, discussing some changes/developments with some faceless executive types. For reasons unknown, it had a couple drone strings that ran perpendicular to the regular 6, and they went right across the body about where the front pickup would be. On the treble side of the body, the strings ran across the top of what looked like a stop tailpiece with no holes and Henry was trying to figure out how to mount the strings on the other side, as there wasn't room for a trapeze tailpiece. I suggested he drill 2 holes in the stop tailpiece and feed them through like any other stop tp. He brightened up and said, "I knew you'd come up with something to help me out!" and then smirked a little and added, "Good idea. I'm glad I thought of it."

I went along with it, as I was trying to get brownie points. I then said to him, "Henry, everyone loves what you've done with Gibson since '85, but I want you to play the best Les Paul that's ever been made and maybe you can take it back to Nashville and copy it." I then went to get MY Les Paul (imagine that) and henry said, "Yep, go get it while I make this phone call and have a smoke." He then walked off, talking on a cell phone and smoking a cigarette. He was dressed in a blue satin jogging suit and looked like a cross between Donald Sutherland and Marvin Tikvah:

16753-13443.gifhqdefault.jpg

I swear I'm chemical free, I'm just odd I guess.

Do people really have those? I listened to the entire Electric Ladyland album several times trying to have a flashback and it never happened. :angry:

It probably doesn't work that way. More likely you will be in the supermarket reaching for a bottle of ranch dressing and the other bottles will begin shouting "pick me! pick me!". You will reply, "I love you all but Mr. Rubble will be in his green suit if I pick the wrong jeckyll."

And then you will come back to reality and some soccer mom will be staring at you with doe eyes, with her hands scrambling to cover the eyes and ears of her overprotected Care Bear kid. And you will glare at her with a look that says "go get into your RAV-4 and go home to your McMansion and reminisce about YOUR glory days watching Felicity and talking on your new flip phone while worrying about Y2K. I've got serious nostalgia for Hee Haw but NO HAGERS."

That's exactly how it will go down.

It probably doesn't work that way. More likely you will be in the supermarket reaching for a bottle of ranch dressing and the other bottles will begin shouting "pick me! pick me!". You will reply, "I love you all but Mr. Rubble will be in his green suit if I pick the wrong jeckyll."

And then you will come back to reality and some soccer mom will be staring at you with doe eyes, with her hands scrambling to cover the eyes and ears of her overprotected Care Bear kid. And you will glare at her with a look that says "go get into your RAV-4 and go home to your McMansion and reminisce about YOUR glory days watching Felicity and talking on your new flip phone while worrying about Y2K. I've got serious nostalgia for Hee Haw but NO HAGERS."

That's exactly how it will go down.

Gotta run to the supermarket. Back later.. well.. maybe.. 8-[

Archived