Gibson Brands Forums

Why no bids on this J200 on ebay

skippy

Guest salemaker

A good reason it hasn't had many bids is the fact that the auction claims the guitar is in Bozeman, yet it's listed on eBay-Canada. What's up with that? I know that Bozeman is way up there, close to the border... but when I look at the auction's cost and shipping it's converting my US Dollars to Canadian $$. That alone gives me a funny feeling.

FYI: I also am NOT a serious buyer.

I have noticed that unless the starting price is very low, the bidding will not start until the last few minutes/seconds. No one wants to 'show' interest early, with the hopes of 'hi-jacking' the deal at the end! The other thing is that a lot of pawn shops are not very knowledgeable about what they sell regarding modifications,originality, action and flaws. I am not saying that this is the case with this particular auction....Just my observations in general...RRod

yet it's listed on eBay-Canada. What's up with that?

It only showed up like that because the original poster is in Canada and his link was for ebay-Canada. Here's the link in US ebay:

The J200 in question

I probably walked right past that pawn shop when I was in Bozeman. There's one street.... 7th Avenue maybe? I can't remember.... but seems like it had a higher percentage of pawn shops and liquor stores than the rest of the town.... and the Royal 7 Motel. 1954 called and wants it's sign back.

A good reason it hasn't had many bids is the fact that the auction claims the guitar is in Bozeman' date=' yet it's listed on eBay-Canada. What's up with that? I know that Bozeman is way up there, close to the border... .[/quote']

That tears it! Them Kanuks done took a play out of Vlad The Mad's play book. They done invaded Montany! KSDADDY, how's the border holdin' up there in Maine?

Get your muskets boys Canada done invaded!!!!!!!!

I am auditioning 3 guitars this week.

A 2007 J200 burst,

A New 2008 Northern Jumbo ( ren ferguson signed inside label...a nice touch)

and a used J200 Pete Townsend which is $500.00 more than the others.

Can't wait .

I am auditioning 3 guitars this week.

A 2007 J200 burst' date='

A New 2008 Northern Jumbo ( ren ferguson signed inside label...a nice touch)

and a used J200 Pete Townsend which is $500.00 more than the others.

Can't wait .[/quote']

You just yankin' our collective chains Skippy or is there a model named "Northern"?

Not pulling your leg folks.

'Northern Jumbo is a stunning guitar, both sonically and visually. This unique instrument is easily identified by an engraved truss rod cover carrying the model name, a unique Firestripe pickguard and discrete maple leaf ‘Limited Edition’ decal on the back of the headstock. Designed to be highly collectable, each Northern Jumbo will be shipped with a Certificate of Authenticity from Gibson's Acoustic Division and every instrument includes an interior label signed by master luthier Ren Fergusen.

The Northern Jumbo is made with a solid Sitka spruce top, mahogany neck, back and sides and a rosewood fingerboard. Mother of Pearl parallelogram inlays and traditional binding on the neck and body complete the look of this beautiful instrument. Built as a players' guitar, the Northern Jumbo also features nickel Grover Rotomatic machine heads and an L.R. Baggs pickup system. The Northern Jumbo acoustic guitar is handcrafted at the Gibson Acoustic factory in Bozeman, Montana, and is limited to 65 maximum piece run worldwide.'

This is my dilemma , I really want the J200 and I also want the Norther Jumbo. Wife says pick one only.

Now I figure this might be a collector someday, so if I had the XTRA $$$$ I would buy it as an investment.

Sure beats stocks or real estate.

This is what I am telling the wife while I'm on my knees begging of course.

Northern Jumbo...

L&M in winnipeg had one.

exactly like a Southern Jumbo... but they call it a northern jumbo.. IIRC it was a limited edition for Canada.

the L&M here has one, too. its been there for over a year and it sounds like its full of socks. needs some love and a new set of strings. $2775-ish?

Not pulling your leg folks.

...This is my dilemma ' date=' I really want the J200 and I also want the Norther Jumbo. Wife says pick one only.

Now I figure this might be a collector someday, so if I had the XTRA $$$$ I would buy it as an investment.

Sure beats stocks or real estate.

This is what I am telling the wife while I'm on my knees begging of course.[/quote']

If it's a matter of enough cash for only one.... Buy the investment, all the while understanding it is not a player. If it is in deed an investment it shouldn't be played. Do you have the facilities to store such an investment? Do you have another guit tar that is a player. Can you resist the temptation to pick up the investment whithout strippin' down to your birthday suite and leaving the picks on the shelf?

Bottom line: Which would you rather live without? Northern Jumbo? The Missus? Do you have a dog? (can help mitigate the sadness of the loss of a spouse.) What are the chances SHE will be awarded the Northern Jumbo in a divorce settlement? (You've already tipped your hand that this guit tar is of exceptional value)

Only you can answer these questions.

OH, Yeah... any pics?

I will not play it, but please understand that an investment of this nature will require

A minimum of one-hour daily maintenance. The investment will be carefully stored in it’s

Protective case in my personal storage room. I have a Martin that I use for fingerpickin’

In the nude and a couple a Fenders that I play when fully clothed.

Canadian Law prohibits the transfer of guitars and amplifiers in a divorce settlement.

Bring it on home baby!

Archived