Gibson Brands Forums

Accidentally Pulled Out the Neck Pickup on Epi G-400 when trying to change pickups

Nyarlathotep

Hi guys,

I apologize if this post is made in the wrong section of the forum, I'm new here. Anyway, I was wondering if there might be any way to salvage my Epi G-400 after having pulled out the neck pickup completely. I've tried routing wires at both points where the pickup wire would exit the guitar, but the guitar seems to "eat" the cable and it doesn't appear out of anywhere. I know I'm using wires longer than the original pickup's wire, so they should be long enough. I'd really like to avoid having to replace the guitar but I can't see any way around it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi guys,

I apologize if this post is made in the wrong section of the forum, I'm new here. Anyway, I was wondering if there might be any way to salvage my Epi G-400 after having pulled out the neck pickup completely. I've tried routing wires at both points where the pickup wire would exit the guitar, but the guitar seems to "eat" the cable and it doesn't appear out of anywhere. I know I'm using wires longer than the original pickup's wire, so they should be long enough. I'd really like to avoid having to replace the guitar but I can't see any way around it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I'd try pushing an old string through - it will be stiffer than any pickup wire but should flex enough to get around any bends. Once you get the string all the way through, tape the pickup wires to and and pull the rest of the string through which should pull the pickup wires on through.

I'd try pushing an old string through - it will be stiffer than any pickup wire but should flex enough to get around any bends. Once you get the string all the way through, tape the pickup wires to and and pull the rest of the string through which should pull the pickup wires on through.

Yeah I tried that but it didn't take very long before i couldn't push it too much farther. I think the route to the neck pickup and the bridge pickup may be connected. Both wires seem to exit into the guitar cavity from the same place. Am I right to think this?

Thanks

Archived