Gibson Brands Forums

I'm thinking of buying a cherry red Epi. need some nudging.........

Scott0

I'm older than dirt; thought my wild guitar days were pretty much over, and cherry was far too wild, but...

By golly, that cherry Dot that came in a year or so ago is kinda cute and takes priority over my sunburst Dot.

That say anything?

Imagine my avatar pix with it...

No, it's not my primary "for me" guitar, but for calls to go gig with somebody in a saloon situation, old rock or country, it's a go-to guitar.

m

FOund what could be a nice price on a guitar I want, I would feel more comfortable with natural or vintage sunburst, cherry seems, well, loud. Anybody here red averse?

Just go for it!! I'm not a huge fan of cherry either but if it's a cool guitar at the right price...

FOund what could be a nice price on a guitar I want, I would feel more comfortable with natural or vintage sunburst, cherry seems, well, loud. Anybody here red averse?

Scotto that cherry red is one nice color .I have a cherry red Sheration 50th and Les Paul i like them a lot .

I think cherry red is much more attractive than sunburst or natural. I have a ES-335 PRO in cherry and an SG PRO in cherry. Love them. If cherry red was good enough for Chuck Berry, it is certainly good enough for me!

Go for the cheery cherry!

Play well

Pete

thanks for the feedback folks, auction ends monday, I'm thinking I'll give it a good bid.

That's what we want to hear. eusa_clap.gif On my Dot, it's not just cherry. It's like, transluscent cherry. You see the grain under there...

lpp381.jpg

Well, I'm "Pelham blue" averse (and most colours to be really honest) so no logical reason why someone can't be "cherry red" averse! [biggrin]

In terms of pure preference, I am a sunburst fanatic. I go for sunburst every time when I have a choice.

Well, I'm "Pelham blue" averse (and most colours to be really honest) so no logical reason why someone can't be "cherry red" averse! [biggrin]

In terms of pure preference, I am a sunburst fanatic. I go for sunburst every time when I have a choice.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I see what you did there!

[laugh]

DSCF1276_zps370ff3fb.jpgHow about a real good "push" instead of a "nudge" ? lol

DSCF1277_zps7361e8e7.jpg

That's what we want to hear. eusa_clap.gif On my Dot, it's not just cherry. It's like, transluscent cherry. You see the grain under there...

lpp381.jpg

these are serious nudgers! super nice ******* rigs! [thumbup]

In my opinion, as long as it's a fine guitar, there are colours more or less decent but no right or wrong ones. [biggrin]

By the way, there are two solid red and three translucent red ones in my stable. Guess what ones the latter are - two SG guitars and one SG bass. :)

Archived