Gibson Brands Forums

I think I've just had a fight!

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsbarns

Just hooted at a man in the road and he kicked the car. I told the wife to stop the car and I got out and asked the kid what the hell he was doing. He said "you talking to me" as if he had no idea and he didn't seem like he was dangerous so I said "yeah, you just kicked the car". He came at me and said "I'll kick you too" and swung at me. He got me but it wasn't hard enough to hurt. He was clearly not gonna stop there so I kicked him in the nuts as hard as I could which put him back a few paces and I got back in the car. That really took the wind out of his sails but he still punched the car as we left. There's no damage to the car or me but I bet he's a bit sore in places he doesn't want to be. What a d1ck!

Just hooted at a man in the road and he kicked the car. I told the wife to stop the car and I got out and asked the kid what the hell he was doing. He said "you talking to me" as if he had no idea and he didn't seem like he was dangerous so I said "yeah, you just kicked the car". He came at me and said "I'll kick you too" and swung at me. He got me but it wasn't hard enough to hurt. He was clearly not gonna stop there so I kicked him in the nuts as hard as I could which put him back a few paces and I got back in the car. That really took the wind out of his sails but he still punched the car as we left. There's no damage to the car or me but I bet he's a bit sore in places he doesn't want to be. What a d1ck!

You're my kinda guy Farns. I'm making you an honorary American right now. [thumbup]

Yeah, I love guys who value their trucks more than human life.

A human life ought not employ the conceit, ego, and self-indulgent permissiveness that allows them to assault people and peoples property without cause or justification!

So it's OK to go around assaulting people on the streets without any provocation, but respond in a self-defense posture and automatically you're a redneck that values their truck more than human life?!?

A very elitist and intellectually-dishonest response! Check yerself man...

Probably a drug-addled punk Farns, watch yerself when dealin' with such fellas. They ain't rational in the brain, they ain't got the capacity to care about anything other than their own need fer a fix, and don't have the slightest concept of owing humanity the same consideration the openly expect for themselves and will throw-down at the drop of a hat.

This is the natural fallout of the entitlement/nanny-state mentality where everything is taught and thought to be about us as if only what we want now matters... Until there's real damage done that requires repairs it will only cause you turmoil and an inequitable amount of strife to achieve justice or recourse with such people they have chosen for themselves thru their own decisions, actions, and behaviors to be lost to humanity and it's of their own willful doing; contrary to the pop/psycho-babble it's not due to our failure as a society or some perceived/manufactured social injustice!

They don't care and when you do, you're the only one and often enough the fallout will be of a long drawn-out legal nightmare (at least in this country) and you'll never ever get satisfaction.

I, as a free American exercising my own sovereign rights refuse to become a victim and if I'm being threatened with imminent grievous bodily harm or injury at the hands of a violent felonious assault the outcome would be very different! Be careful because the drugged-out and mentally deranged individuals roaming the streets are willing to take it to that extreme without a 2nd thought or consideration for your well being or even life... Don't give them the opportunity to force you into such a happening that can be made to look like something you instigated or that you escalated from a legal perspective...

Before one acts one must always be aware of the ideology of whether this is the hill you are wiling to die on or not because that decision can be taken away from you by a mentally unstable, drug addled, or psycho-deranged perspective!

But good on ya Farns!!!

I'm appalled by some people's behaviour those days in the U.K. Having had a night at my local pub with my wife, walking home (I live in a small town) the place is overrun with drunken young Woman, shouting and swearing at the top of their voices. this isn't unusual it's the same every weekend. What makes it even more incredible is that the blokes aren't behaving anywhere near as badly.

Of all the places I've been to around the world, I've never seen Woman swearing & behaving as they do here in the U.K, such behaviour in say, France would be unthinkable. Maybe I'm getting old (I didn't think so) but a few years ago, you'd never see a drunken Woman and you'd never see one using such language (and shouting it down the street).

If that's what Woman's liberation has done for Woman, I think it's scored an own goal! They've managed to make it acceptable for Woman to out drink and out swear men!

Ian

Guest Farnsbarns

Shame I hadn't spoken to you 5 mins earlier last night. My colleague had seen the guy you described whilst we were looking for you!

Thanks S. Had I known you were working I'd have called you straight away.

Everyone, Flight is a local copper in Croydon. You might remember I moved out of croydon after the last, much more serious event but last night we were passing through and that's where it happened.

Flight happened to be working and I let him know and gave a description. No luck but never mind, the kid got a lot worse than he gave.

See, over here, we put the drunks on airliners. We make sure they're pretty soused, then we put them in a tube with 300 other scared xenophobic drunks to see what happens. Some lady with her hair in a bun walks down the aisle and then everybody thinks she's Osama Bin Laden's #2 and jumps her. They throw the air marshal out the door 'cause he's Hispanic and they look like terrorists too. Then all the Americans run over to one side of the plane to lay on the lady with the towel-bun and the plane spirals into a McDonalds and everybody gets covered with pink slime.

Later they sober up and smell their way to Denny's for an All-American Power Slam Breakfast. [thumbup]

See, over here, we put the drunks on airliners. We make sure they're pretty soused, then we put them in a tube with 300 other scared xenophobic drunks to see what happens. Some lady with her hair in a bun walks down the aisle and then everybody thinks she's Osama Bin Laden's #2 and jumps her. They throw the air marshal out the door 'cause he's Hispanic and they look like terrorists too. Then all the Americans run over to one side of the plane to lay on the lady with the towel-bun and the plane spirals into a McDonalds and everybody gets covered with pink slime.

Later they sober up and smell their way to Denny's for an All-American Power Slam Breakfast. [thumbup]

I feel a song coming on, badblues.

I was sitting on a balcony watching the drunks leaving a bar one night. Watched a guy push his pregnant old lady over a wall because she messed with his western hat. She had it coming.

Would this qualify as stand your ground, road rage, or a simple assault case?

In LA, lawyers would potentially already be involved I'm afraid.

Yes, and if he were either a minority or Homosexual, you'd be charged with a "Hate" crime Farnsey!! I do believe ya gotta stand up to all the d-heads out and about these days. [thumbup] He made his choices, and ya know, I don't really care what his issues were (bad childhood, drunk-drugs, bad dad etc.). If you didn't provoke it with some action (not saying you did either) then as Jiminy Cricket said if the movie Pinocchio, "He buttered his bread and now he'll just have to sleep in it!"

Aster

Why do we have to be confrontational? Why do we always have to be right?

Well, for me anyway, it's not a matter of being "right" but about my "rights" to be free of a dufus damaging my property or person. What it boils down to is this in my mind: It's NOT their right to do that and people breaking a right to own property & be safe, when you aren't doing anything "wrong" needs to be stopped. If this guy believed he had the "right" to kick or potentially damage my car, bike, guitar, or me (or family) I have the "right" to protect my property, family, or person. That's what I'm saying. I'd avoid a fight or confrontation with all efforts, up to the point where I was threatend or swung/struck like Farns was. I've never gone or will go looking for a fight. I have even "turned my cheek" once, but not with a real threat.

Aster

I'm not condemning Farns for his actions. But what did he accomplish? Nothing really. In the US, there is a stronger possibility that this could have escalated into a shooting. Not worth it. I understand rights, but sometimes the only way to win a game is not to play. Nothing wrong with pacifism to a point. Most of the world's strongest leaders have been pacifists. I don't see too many of them today, do you?

Oh Bologna. Chances of anyone being shot in the United States are nearly nonexistent. This is precisely because we are not terribly confrontational. There's a great scene in fight club where the club members are assigned the task of going out and starting fights with perfect strangers on the street . The film shows this task is nearly impossible And while that's just a movie it's been my observation that it's pretty well true. You can sit and watch YouTube videos of these clowns pranking people on the streets and you'll notice no one ever stops and beats the crap out of them. Nobody shoots them. Nobody pulls out a knife and stabbed them. At worst they might say a bad word and turn around and walk away. If someone is behaving very badly in public we are, as a society, far more likely to pull out our phone and take pictures of them then we are to intervene and confront that person and stop the action.

Yes, and people die from malnutrition every day. That doesn't mean the likelihood of that happening to you is high. It isn't.

True, because I can afford to eat. Seems to me that in Fight Club, the idiots tried to pick fights with Wall Street types. Maybe they should have picked tougher neighborhoods where people are not as likely to back down. I'm outta here.

Well I think you need to watch the movie again. Again it's just a movie but the point it makes rings true. People in this country are simply not that confrontational and the same applies for most western cultures these days. There were about 9000 gun homocides in the United States in 2010. In a population of over 300 million that's less than 1/3rd of a percent.

It is not common for Americans to run around whipping out guns to solve problems. No matter how many times you are told that it is true.

Yep.

He'd never kick a Ram 4X4 with an N.R.A. sticker on it.

Not twice........

Well NO, we don't want it collapsing right there at the curb!

BwaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA...........

(j/k, I like Dodges. One day I hope to own one that runs!)

Guest Farnsbarns

I didn't expect this thread to pan out into opposing views, not that there's any issue with that but let me add some more perspective. 14 months ago I was attacked and consciously didn't fight back because I was next to a deep stairwell and on a train platform and I wanted to be concentrating on my surroundings. As a result I suffered a meaningful brain injury from which I still suffer symptoms.

Partly because I was in a safer environment and partly because it was a tough guy kid who was yet to recieve a beating for being a d1ck I decided I wasn't going to put up with having the car kicked so we stopped and I got out. I fully expected him to leg it when a big bloke got out of the imposing black BMW but when he didn't I was prepared to have a row, when he swung at me I was happy to put him in his place. I can't afford another brain injury so I was going to have to stop that happening there and then.

It's all about circumstance. There was no way this kid was carrying a knife, he just wasn't the gangsta type and I took a calculated risk. This kid should have calculated his risks when he kicked the car and when he gave me not only an opportunity, but genuinely a need to hurt him in self defence.

There's been a few occasions when I've said "stop the car" to my wife and she's always said, "don't be an idiot" and carried on driving. She had obviously calculated the risk as very low as well.

Archived