Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les paul or Gibson Es339 studio

buliwyf

I still have my budget of around $1300.00 and at that price I dont have a lot of LP's to choose from.I want to get that LP tone I have been lucky with years ago when I could afford the more standard ones,You know the deep almost crying sound like jimmy pages "since I've been lovin you or Gary Moores,"Still got the blues" especially John Sykes with Blue Murder "out of love again" to me the ultimate tone I'm searching for,plus that growling bridge pu sound.Maybe a LP studio and I dig those lp Futuras but I'm not sure of the sound of the P90h neck pu. Is there a big differance in an ES339 studio to a LP studio? The 339 studio is in my price range and I have had LP's with 57 classsic pu,s and liked the sound.Do the f holes make a differance in sound or and feedback,sorry it took a round the world tour to get to the point of whats the differance between a Lp studio and a ES339 Studio besides size and holes.Thanks

this http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-ES39D14-LIST

or this http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-GIB-LPST14-W5CH1

I think the tone you are looking for is more in the fingers than the guitar...

... but playing different guitars the same way will create different tones. I think that comparing a Les Paul to an ES-339 would reveal that.

... I want to get that LP tone I have been lucky with years ago...

In case of looking for that LP tone, I guess you were answering your question to yourself already at the top of your post.

If you want a Les Paul sound, get a les paul. The Es339 will not sound like a LP. You could get a nice LP studio and a set of P/U and get close to your sound. But so much comes from the player, amp, sound engineer on the album,,etc.

My .02 cents

Archived