Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Artisan from the 70's

slk

Can't say I've played one myself, but I've heard many good things about them.

I've wanted one for a long time - the 3 pickup walnut finish is probably my favourite Les Paul of all time in terms of looks.

You can get them for really good prices too.

Check out this old listing for one...one smokin' instrument [love]

http://www.vintageandrare.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Artisan-1976-Walnut-Natural-27083

Can't say I've played one myself, but I've heard many good things about them.

I've wanted one for a long time - the 3 pickup walnut finish is probably my favourite Les Paul of all time in terms of looks.

You can get them for really good prices too.

Check out this old listing for one...one smokin' instrument [love]

http://www.vintageandrare.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Artisan-1976-Walnut-Natural-27083

They next to always have a crazy inventory at Guitar Point. Fortunately it's a several hours distance by car from here. This shop would be nothing but a danger zone for me. ;)

Guitar Center on the east coast has one, but it is black and I like the walnut look. They are asking about $2300 for it. I do have one of the new Epiphone Lee Malia ones on order. They seam to stayed with a pretty original look and even using Gibson pickups. I still would like to find an original Gibson one. I wonder how many were ever made?

Steve

Someone here has one but I can't remember who it is.

I'm hoping they'll see this and offer some accurate views.

From what I remember they rate it just as highly as you would imagine.

And, FWIW, I believe what they say .

P.

In 2010-11 I searched for one of these for a while before I bought my Custom. They were about £2k-£2.5k (GBP) then and I couldn't find one that hadn't been modded in some way.

I have found 2 for sale in the USA in the last few months, both at very high prices; some have 3 pups, some have 2 and the black ones are usually a bit cheaper.

A forum member in Wales had a black one for sale in the last year.

Thomann are getting some more of the Epiphone model (£545 GBP) in December. Tempting!

The Artisan and the 25/50 are 2 Norlin LPs I'd like if I had serious money.

Wow that 25/50 is a nice guitar also. Never knew they made that one... But at that time in my life I was not looking. Was concentrating on raising kids....I now have the time to check things out.

Steve

The Artisan and the 25/50 are 2 Norlin LPs I'd like if I had serious money.

Completely understood. After having seen the 25/50 in person for the first time at a dealer around 1980, she's one of my dream guitars. [drool]

Archived