Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Professional

slimt

I see one or two a year on eBay. I may be mistaken, but unless you have the amp that was made to go with it, most of the special features are usable. I want to say that the combi's were going for around $3000. maybe more? I did see a picture of one, with no controls or pickguard, just a huge swimming pool route. Not much acoustic value to the body.

Is yours the 15w or 35w amp? Am I to take it that you have both already? What's your take on the package. if you do?

I have both the guitar and Amp.. the amp has a 15" Jensen speaker.. it actually sounds pretty neat..everything seems to works fine..

That is cool,there was an article on the Epi Professional in Vintage Guitar Magazine about 3 or 4 years ago,they're getting pretty scarce-and valuable,that's really going to boost the drool factor of your guitarsenal.There were only 396 Professional guitar/amp setups sold between 1962-'66,with only one made in 1966.The current collectors value of a Professional with the amp is worth between $1,700 and $2,500 depending on condition.This info is from The Epiphone Guitar Book by Walter Carter and The Vintage Guitar Magazine 2014 Price Guide.

Archived