Gibson Brands Forums

NGD ES137 Classic

Voodoo Monkey

Hi all,

I got this guitar on an even trade. I had one before an always regretted getting rid of it so I had a chance to get one on a trade and I jumped at it. The guitar was modified which usually I don't like but the mod was my favorite pickups were put in. the guy took out the 490 and 498 and put in 57 Classics so I like that. [thumbup]

Here is a quick little video I did with it. Has a great tone! heres' what I am playing through.

Gibson ES137 Classic 2003

Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Xotic BB Preamp with an EP Booster after it

Strymon Brigadier Delay

The guitar sounds great clean but I just love this dirty tone! [love]

and a second quick jam,

My link #2

IMG_0319SM_zps38b7b934.jpg

Congratulations on your 137! Here's my 2004. The best guitar I ever held in my hands. It seems to bring out my best playing. Got a 57 Classic bridge pickup, really brought the guitar to life.

Thank you Eldorado. I had one a couple years back but it had issues and I really liked it but returned it. This one came along and the 57's were already put in and I just love it.

IMG_0319SM_zps38b7b934.jpg

Congratulations on your 137! Here's my 2004. The best guitar I ever held in my hands. It seems to bring out my best playing. Got a 57 Classic bridge pickup, really brought the guitar to life.

I also meant to mention the color on yours in beautiful. Looks and I'm sure sounds amazing.

Archived