Gibson Brands Forums

5 Bands you can't stand

houndman55

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thankfully my days of driving for a living (and listening to fm radio in the car) ended about when grunge/alt rock did so I avoided hip-hop and the last 20 year's pop drivel completely. I listened to stuff friends turned me on to or what i read about in music press - much of it going back in time, and some decent 90's alt rock - since then it's all about you tube! the kids have mp3's and wear headphones ... so I haven't been subjected to much I haven't chosen to hear,

back in the day I loathed Supertramp - but I only ever heard their hits (anagram) so not sure how representative those songs were.

Avril Lavigne

Maroon 5 were okay until "Moves Like Jagger" - that "song" makes me want to rip my speakers out. I mean really, WTF?!!!

Neil Diamond

Loverboy

Hozier - couldn't someone work just a little harder and add another verse or 2 instead of repeating the same chorus over & over & over & over & ...?

#1- Guns and Roses ( the most overrated band ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Axel rose has the most annoying squeal ever. And try to be more of a prong Axel. I listen and listen and I just dont get it. It is like eating Oysters. Everyone keeps telling me how good they are, I keep trying them, but I always end up with the dry heaves.

#2- Bonjovi ( anyhting after their 2nd album) Christ he takes his Shirt off every 10 minutes. Enough with the nipples and hair chest already. We get it your good looking. Enough already. Why dont you and matthew McConnahay take of your shirts together, go for a jog on the beach and tell everyone how difficult it was for you guys to get chicks. Whatever..

#3- Justin Bieber. ( Is this punk even in a band) Pretty boy who gets tattoos, hangs out with a bunch of bad a** black dudes and mouths off to people when he has 300lb body guards in front of him. There is a famous picture of him holding a Gibson Dove. What? does he even know how to hold a guitar. Anyone under 13 years old can not even name one of this kids songs. Die in a fire please Justin. For once I want to see this kid get his jaw slapped loose.

#4- ZZ Top. Never got it, Never will.

#5- Justin Timberlake. WTF? Why? Why are you alive? I heard an interview once where he was reffering to himself as a musician. Yeah dude you scored Jessica Biel. Now go to Church, light a candle and say a novena or two, thank God for his blessings.. because for the life of me, I really do not get it. It is like watching two turtles Dry hump. After 10 seconds, you want to jump out a window. I actually want to pour a can of gas over my head and light it on fire, when I see how much this guy is worth.

Chalk it up to this premadonna, reality world., hip hop, American Idol society. Way to go Justin. You are a star!

Honorable mentions that belong to be played in the deepest bowels of Hell.

A. Miley Cyrus.

B. Madonna

C. harry Connick Jr. ( yeah my wife yanked me into going to one of his concerts. I actually tried to drown myself in the toilet stall at intermission. Can we have another 25 minute sax solo Harry, as you chime on about New Orleans.

D. Jennifer Lopez. ( I have nothing to say J-Lo except please stop. I will sign over all I own to you, to please stop. Just stop I beg of you.

E. Green Day. - Hey Billy or Daffy or whatever your name is lead singer. The Sex pistols are gone, the great Sid Vicious is dead, The Ramones are dead, you are not a replacement and are not fit to shine the boots of Johnny Rotten. Go Way with your blue Strat. Just leave. You are not punk.

Everyone here, lets take up a collection, go to music stores across the country buy and box up everything HIP hop. and light it on fire watch it burn.

Wait...Why am i online?, I should be practicing.

#4- ZZ Top. Never got it, Never will.

Ever heard the Tres Hombres album or "Just Got Paid" from Rio Grande Mud?

What about Fandango or Degüello?

I'm alright with it if you have but, if not you might like the earlier, much less commercial stuff. I don't like much of it after Eliminator, myself.

Σß

When I was younger I might have answered something like this a lot easier. These days I seldom say that I "hate" or "can't stand" an artist. I pretty much have a respect for any artist who has been successful enough to accumulate a large enough fan base for them to make it onto my radar. I also have stopped making definitive statements like "they suck" as if it was some irrefutable fact. This just insults anyone who might happen to be a fan, by implying that they are idiots for liking the music that I don't like. Having said that, there are certainly bands/artists that I just "don't get" or basically don't care to listen much to. Without thinking too hard on it, a few come to mind....

Radiohead - I know the critics love them and they are supposedly genius, but to me they are mostly noise.

Smashing Pumpkins - A few of their songs are OK, but I never saw there huge appeal. Billy Corgan just sounds like a whiny kid to me.

Bruce Springsteen - Again, I like some of his songs. But I don't buy into the whole blue collar hero thing and he kinda looks and sounds constipated most of the time to me. Plus, some of his songs like "Pink Cadillac" are just horrendous IMO.

I have to think more to come up with the other two. :-k

1. Coldplay

2. Coldplay

3. Coldplay

4. Coldplay

5. Coldplay

Just the most awful thing ever.... I HATE... their singer in every way.. and whats even worse about them is the ***** style that they started that other bands copy that's EVEN WORSE.. and I haven't included them in my list as I don't see it as music!!!!! [-(

And I don't hate anything......

But Coldplay... Arggrghhhhhhhhhhhh just hearing their name makes me cringe... even as I type this I have to do it with my eyes half squinted or I may throw up over my keyboard...

Did I mention.. I REALLY don't like Coldplay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a tough one... there are so many out there that just make me want to slash my wrists...most have been mentioned already. Lots of band I don't know the names of...but when a song of theirs comes on my them I want to run and hide. So far so good...my faith has been restored when I see so many names I agree with. What I think is great is that some of my faves have NOT been mentioned...

1-Springstien - some of his stuff is good but I think mostly overrated, a great deal of his big hits come from a decade that was starving for good music. Same with U2. There is something to be said for being in the right place at the right time.

2-Sting- his music all seems to have the same beat and Rhythm it all sounds alike to me.

3-James Brown- Same thing it all sounds the same to me.

4-U2 - once again some of their stuff is good but not near enough to make them what they have become..a little of Bono goes a long way

edge is not nearly good enough on guitar to be mentioned with the greats but their fans seem to think so.

5-Steely Dan- same thing to me it all sounds like the same songs just remixed. I like a couple and that is it.

I know I will catch a lot of hell but oh well..I have thick skin LOL

Archived