Gibson Brands Forums

My child is growing up.

Californiaman

Yeah...

my 10-year-old daughter asked one of the most profound questions today.

"Black Sabbath or Aerosmith, Daddy?"

I stammered, "Whauauat?" "I uh... erhh... uh"

Oh dear. My little baby's growing up.

I cut my teach as a high school rocker on those bands and my daughter knew it. But to chose between the two?

When one of mine asks such a question my standard answer is, "Uh-huh." [biggrin]

Then I wonder to myself if there is some sort of parents' mental health quiz making the rounds at school. [confused] Nah [tongue]

Make the most of it while you can. [unsure] They grow up faster every day.

Σß

Yeah...

my 10-year-old daughter asked one of the most profound questions today.

"Black Sabbath or Aerosmith, Daddy?"

I stammered, "Whauauat?" "I uh... erhh... uh"

Oh dear. My little baby's growing up.

I cut my teach as a high school rocker on those bands and my daughter knew it. But to chose between the two?

it also means you have 1 very cool kid ...

Very cool. My kids are all of the age (mid 40's to early 30's) that they can appreciate the hours I spent playing Beatles, Dylan, PP&M, Byrds, Eagles,etc that they not only listened to, but have taken a liking to as well.

2 years ago I would of said Aerosmith, but after that Cash grab American Idol fiasco.....Ugh,

Still though,, Toys in the Attic Aerosmith.. Yeah thats right.

I still hold Steven Tyler and Joe P. to Rock God Status. Again that is just me. A hack guitarist who couldnt play my way out of a paper bag. What do I know?

Smoked alot of Doobies and screwed around in a lot of back seats in the cornfields of Northern IL to that album. Aerosmith is an old friend.

Easy choice: Black Sabbath. Areosmith is not worthy of looking at Tony Iommi's SG. And the devil has the best music.

I'd have to go with that one too.

took my son to see Rush when he was 12, he been playing drums since he was around 8, and was already a die hard Rush fan, honing his Neil Pert chops.

you should hear the guy play drums today...

Cool kid indeed Cali!

Did you ever give her a definite answer, BTW?

My own daughter turned 10 in August so I'm having a fairly similar time music-wise with her.

At the moment she has a soft spot for some of Jethro Tull's early stuff.

Good times.

P.

See I would've needed details... if she means first four albums Sabbath vs. later catalog Aerosmith... it's easily Sabbath. If she meant early Aerosmith vs say Sabbaths most recent album it's Aerosmith. If she's going apples to apples - first few albums of each... toughest call. (Though I'd go Sabbath). [biggrin] Either way, cool kid and lucky dad. [thumbup]

Guest Farnsbarns

My neighbor, who is definitely the best neighbour I've ever had, is into the hardcore heavy stuff. Just after his 7 year old had correctly identified a Ramstein track he asked her "do you like Justin bieber?". The response was fantastic, simply, "Who?".

Archived