Gibson Brands Forums

37 Gibson L-0

BluesKing777

Happy playing weekend, BK. [thumbup]

I guess there are little chances the strings will survive that long. [rolleyes] Some spare sets could be a good idea. [biggrin]

Thanks CM!

It hasn't worked out as planned - something came adrift in the bridge area while playing last night and we have a buzz and a rattle....probably the bridge screw/bolt come loose....?

Lucky I have the odd spare guitar..... :lol: :lol:

BluesKing777.

Well, the L-0 is back from the guitar tech's again...again! (Again)... [confused]

It WAS starting to sound how it looks, but not now - a couple of visits to the doctor and we are off and away again - new, widened space bone nut and a buzz/vibe in the bridge area fixed - the bolts from the previous bridge were still there filling gaps, but now gone...leaving funny little holes inside.

So we are back to getting used to this guitar neck again! (Wider nut spacing makes it feel like a totally different guitar!)

I am getting the feeling that this old guitar likes the guitar tech - like some old cars you get, they seem to be at the shop a lot, while others never see them! Hope I'm wrong..... [confused]

BluesKing777.

If I were you, I wouldn't be worried too much. To my experience, some brand-new guitars are calling for a guitar tech very loud from the start, in a double sense. Anyway, after all is set-up and done, they work fine and keep on doing so.

I guess yours will also reach the steady state you desire.

Archived