Gibson Brands Forums

OMG OMG OMG!!! 59 standard this weekend!

nikko18

so this weekend i'm going to my grandparents house to celebrate some birthdays. and they live right by seattle so one of the days my dads going to take me into seattle to some used guitar shops. the one i'm really looking forward to going to is emerald city guitars 1). because it's an awesome store with tons of cool stuff and 2). because they have A REAL 1959 GIBSON LES PAUL STANDARD!!!! =P~ and my dad knows the owner of the shop so i am possibly going to get to play it! coooool

as ls-14 would say 59 standart play happy happy hapy! gibson goooooooooooooooooooooo! xD

no but really, it will be so cool if i get to play it x]

my dad does want me to, when i told him they have one there (i saw there site) he was like "we have to go play it!"

haha my dads really cool :] and i'm going to bring a camera, i take pics and maybe even record a video of me playing it =D> i might be the first person on the form to have pics or a video of them with 59 LP. soon i'll have a new avatar!!! x]

but oilpit my dad and the owner are good friends' date=' are you good friends with the owner?[/quote']

It doesn't work like that

400 grand is 400 grand, doesn't matter who you know.

I wouldn't trust you or me or any other teenager with that much money

but hell, what do i know

i'm careful, i'm not going to break it or anything. i will take off my jackets and sit down and plug it in. nd then play it. unless there's like an earthqauke or some other freak accident i know i wont break it. and if that does happen then it won't be my fault. and if you think about it's pretty hard to actually break a guitar, you have to smash it on the floor and stuff. and i know i wont drop it.

i trust myself and there fore i know nothing bad will happen :]

can't wait tell i play it!

I hate to do it, but I'm going to have to disagree with AXE on this one. A real 59 is worth of more then one, but limited to 4 OMGs'. If you actually touch it that's worth a "Holy Sh*t". If the owner is insane and actually lets you play it, well let's just say that's the stuff of legends. I hear angels will fall from the sky at your feet. There is actually only one other guitar in that category and it is a distant 2nd and that is the 1936 Martin D-45.

Get pics or you will suffer our wrath.

Emeradl City Guitars

Hi NiKko' date=' if you haven't made the trip yet I'd check out the 1960 SG and the Walnut ES335 too that L5 they have also looks like it would be a memorable experience.

Have fun and enjoy it.

Happy New Year

Roger[/quote']

yeah i was thinking about trying those out too. especially the walnut 335, i'm very curius to how walnut sounds. but they're all cool.

:[

i didn't get to play it...

the guy who owns the shop wasn't there, so i had no leverage to be able to play the guitar. it looked ****ing sweet though. i might upload the picture i took but it's just a crappy cell phone picture so it doesn't really do the guitar justice.

Archived