Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nickt2413

Need help with pickups !

I bought a Magnatone parts bin from a guy a couple months back and in it where a set of these two pickups. I found a healthy amount of info on here and the internet but my question is why are the "feet" or "wings" on these pickups flat. I have never seen this before and they don't appear to be cut and re-welded. Any help would be great ! Thanks in advance to everyone.

post-68620-076296800 1415979791_thumb.jpg

post-68620-077133000 1415979800_thumb.jpg

post-68620-017448500 1415979817_thumb.jpg

post-68620-004294100 1415979824_thumb.jpg

They most definitely look cut or altered. Looks like a T-top with an altered baseplate. The one with the decal looks even older, probably both Gibson pups. What is the resistance?

They most definitely look cut or altered. Looks like a T-top with an altered baseplate. The one with the decal looks even older, probably both Gibson pups. What is the resistance?

i have a resistance value of 7.16 on one and 7.36 on the other. I agree that they look different but most of the time when someone cuts these things to put in a tele the resulting weld job of the wings looks horrid. It just looks really clean if it was done by some joe shmo. Thanks again !

i have a resistance value of 7.16 on one and 7.36 on the other. I agree that they look different but most of the time when someone cuts these things to put in a tele the resulting weld job of the wings looks horrid. It just looks really clean if it was done by some joe shmo. Thanks again !

That reading is in the ballpark for older Gibson pups.