Gibson Brands Forums

Pippy is nearing the 10,000 post milestone

Hoya

Thanks for the nice words, folks. I'm just glad to see we have such a great bunch of people here. It's been a lot of fun over the years.

I'm still waiting to see the daguerreotype of him posing with Orville Gibson (before Pippy went electric).

Can't find one at the moment, Steve, but here's one of Orville and myself rehearsing for my 'crossover' performance at the Newport Folk Festival back in '65 (I'm the one on the right).

OrvilleandMe_zps89953bf5.jpg

P.

Hello Pippy!

Tough decision, what to post for the 10000th time, isn't it?

The expectations are high as well... ;)

Cheers... Bence

Well, I just saw in my "white or black" thread that he's at 9999. I think he needs to post 10000 right here. [smile]

I'm still waiting to see the daguerreotype of him posing with Orville Gibson (before Pippy went electric).

Thanks for the nice words, folks. I'm just glad to see we have such a great bunch of people here. It's been a lot of fun over the years.

Can't find one at the moment, Steve, but here's one of Orville and myself rehearsing for my 'crossover' performance at the Newport Folk Festival back in '65 (I'm the one on the right).

P.

Obviously a milestone in crossover music. Performing electric and classical guitar tones together was rare then.

Considering Newport '65, your Les Paul has to be a late 50's guitar. Do you still own this particular one? [rolleyes]

P.

Lol....

Has he reached such playing heights that he has learned how to use his playing powers to levitate? ;)

(either that or that chair has no legs :D)

Archived