Gibson Brands Forums

Brazilian or Indian?

Jerbo7

I am awaiting delivery on a 2003 Western Classic, Custom Shop. My question is which rosewood was used in 2003?

My first Gibson was a 1959 Les Paul Special that I received for my 14th birthday in 1961. I currently own a 65' J50

And a 97' SJ 200 Standard Maple. My maple 200 has turned a beautiful gold, and has been my primary player since new.

Gibson was using Brazilian up until May of 2003 so If it's an early '03 built before May 3rd it could very well be Brazilian. The Custom Shop was also in existence at that time and they loved building with Brazilian so just maybe.

When you get it just try to cross an international boarder. They will be glad to tell you what wood was used.. A photo would be nice. Either way they are fine guitars and I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Gibson was using Brazilian up until May of 2003 so If it's an early '03 built before May 3rd it could very well be Brazilian. The Custom Shop was also in existence at that time and they loved building with Brazilian so just maybe.

When you get it just try to cross an international boarder. They will be glad to tell you what wood was used.. A photo would be nice. Either way they are fine guitars and I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Yep... its not fun anymore... Canada Customs sucks...

Archived