Gibson Brands Forums

Can someone help me date this Burny?

Gibson Artist

It has no serial on the back of the headstock. Maybe if i told you the specs someone could recognize the year? It has mahogany body/maple top, mahogany neck, 22 rosewood frets,abolone inlays, gold hardware, appears to be tuneomatic with stop tailpiece and Pickups are FVH-2002×2

Here are a few pictures, if anyone has even an idea id appreciate it.

_571_zpsb3416cb2.jpg

004_zps3e353942.jpg

003_zps47082451.jpg

Sorry I can't help GA - I think that's the first Burny I've ever seen - though the design looks vaguely familiar [wink]

Why the interest - did the Burny company have a period where they made particularly good (or bad) stuff?

As I say, I know nothing about Burny's at all (are they Japanese, English,?), but always good to learn something new.

Sorry I can't help GA - I think that's the first Burny I've ever seen - though the design looks vaguely familiar [wink]

Why the interest - did the Burny company have a period where they made particularly good (or bad) stuff?

As I say, I know nothing about Burny's at all (are they Japanese, English,?), but always good to learn something new.

Japanes guitar company, they made some good stuff and some duds. Its hard to judge a company by one guitar but if you were it shouldnt be this model, they had a few higher than this. I was just hoping i could potentially find out its year??

Archived