Gibson Brands Forums

Does anyone own an ESP guitar here?

LarryUK

I've been looking at them recently and like the look of the Mystique and Eclipse. Are they good? Rick Graham uses the ST 213 and raves about it. But it's quite a cheap guitar compared to a Fender. £308 here in the UK.

Is the LTD like the Epiphone of ESP?

I've been looking at them recently and like the look of the Mystique and Eclipse. Are they good? Rick Graham uses the ST 213 and raves about it. But it's quite a cheap guitar compared to a Fender. £308 here in the UK.

Yes LTD used to be the Epiphone for Gibson, but things have changed recently, ESP name is now only reserved for USA Custom made guitars, and normal production will be labelled as LTD (that means low price ones from China/ indonesia, and regular japanese production).

But indeed I have ssen this video as well, and about these specific models they are made in China or Indonesia guitars, but I was impressed as well.

There is also a video on youtube from Chapman, that has to pick a budget guitar and customize it; he pick a cheap LTD Tele with a humbucker at neck, of course he switched pickup but it seems that these low price LTD are very good for the money.

Well you gotta remember that James Hetfield first started with a Japanese Flying V Copy. Then up to like 86'/88' he used Gibson Explorers Mostly and the odd flying v. But then he switched to the ESP copy version of the explorer, the snakebyte. If that enough to go from Gibson to ESP their LTD should most likely be just as good or bad of quality as the epiphones.

I own an ESP/LTD F-250. It's a low end heavy metal type guitar with a Floyd Rose type term. Quality and playability are great for the amount of money I had to put out for it. The ESP Eclipse is a real nice guitar. But I played that guitar and a LTD EC-1000 at GC one time and to me, I couldn't tell the difference. That said I am very much an armature player. Someone with a better skill set might think differently. I don't think anyone would question the quality of either guitar though. Just go to GC and play a bunch of them and see for yourself. :)

Archived