Gibson Brands Forums

Winter Weather

fretplay

I see on the news the US is getting more than it's usual share of snow for this time of year. I do hope all you stateside members are keeping warm and dry.

We are certainly getting some strange weather these days. Here in the deep south of Hertfordshire UK we have not seen any frost yet this winter and today we have sunshine and 14 degrees, can't last!

We haven't had much snow in Chicago, but it's been January cold with wind chills into the single digits Fahrenheit. Cold doesn't bother me much since I've lived on the Great Lakes my whole life. I am just in a bit of shock because it came on overnight. What happened to gradual seasonal changes?

I heard Buffalo, NY got *burried*. Ah, lake effect snow. It's one of the many things I don't miss about living in West Michigan.

We haven't had much snow in Chicago, but it's been January cold with wind chills into the single digits Fahrenheit. Cold doesn't bother me much since I've lived on the Great Lakes my whole life. I am just in a bit of shock because it came on overnight. What happened to gradual seasonal changes?

I heard Buffalo, NY got *burried*. Ah, lake effect snow. It's one of the many things I don't miss about living in West Michigan.

It was a cold one yesterday. Burr!

36 degrees this morning and high of 52 for North Florida. Colder than normal but not by a ton. Apparently temps are like 30 degrees above normal in Alaska. Big warm spot pushing the cold air down to the rest of us.

I used to live and fly out of Titusville. My very first morning it was 0. Bloody freezing! My first thought,

"this is Florida?" 8-[

I see on the news the US is getting more than it's usual share of snow for this time of year. I do hope all you stateside members are keeping warm and dry.

We are certainly getting some strange weather these days. Here in the deep south of Hertfordshire UK we have not seen any frost yet this winter and today we have sunshine and 14 degrees, can't last!

Sorry guys I should have said 14 degrees C is 57 Fahrenheit.

Here is a picture I snapped from my office. It faces south towards lake Erie. Yes they got pounded with over 6 feet of snow down there (about 10 miles from me). You can see that I need sunglasses where I am, with just a dusting of snow. The lake-effect snow-line was extremely defined. At night it looked like boiling steam was coming from the lake. Very freaky storm. Never saw anything like it before.

The worst may yet still come. It's supposed to be 60 degrees on Monday. Imagine all that snow melting in just a few days.

unnamed_zps7f6a1172.jpg

A bit of rain here tonight. Damn we need it badly. Maybe, hopefully not as dry as last year.

I am in U.K.

You want rain, we have rain.

Boy do we have rain.........already started flooding in Europe....but that North American snow at this time of year, that is too much....

The times they are a' changin'!

Archived