Gibson Brands Forums

Assault a lawman

Californiaman

My son's school went on lockdown today because of some knucklehead students who wanted to fight, disrespect authority, and generally lose their minds.

So this is what's made it on to Youtube so far.

My kid was standing just off camera to the right of all this as it went down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpXnZRUSzrs

Oh, I agree totally with your summation.

This is where I've worked for over 10 years now.

The lack of respect starts at home. Some of these citizens are from the bottom of the barrel.

It's lauphable how the school district bends over backwards for a certain ethnicity here in this town.

Give 'em free lunch and they end up throwing it at the authority and administration.

So far this year we've had two of these events take place. Some sheriff or vice-principle always ends up being hit with an apple, chocolate milk, nacho cheese.

Look at the photographs here.

This is the first generation being raised to NOT respect laws. When laws aren't being enforced, open borders, legal drugs, our leaders openly lie to us daily, no work ethic because everything you need is free, cops being convicted by mobs on the streets and being told it's going to get worse, the end result should turn out pretty much the way it's being planned.

part of the problem, part of it... kids aren't put across their parents laps, and don't get their butts burned. i have never had to do that to any of my 5 kids, more than twice. 1st time i think it shocked them, the 2nd time the reality that they never want that a 3rd time hit home. i'm not talking about a quick little whack saying stop... i'm talking a old school, wait till your father comes home, across my knees, and spank their butts. it killed me, hearing them crying in theor rooms afterwards, but I knew it had to be done. i'd let them sit in their room for about a 1/2 hour afterwards, then i'd go in, talk to them about what they did and why they got a spanking. then i'd pick them up, hug them , kiss them and tell them i loved them. I've NEVER had to do that more than twice.

they would ignore what my wife would say, then i'd walk into the room. they freeze, look at each other, and say "ok Dad, we'll do it, sorry" lol.

part of the problem, part of it... kids aren't put across their parents laps, and don't get their butts burned. i have never had to do that to any of my 5 kids, more than twice. 1st time i think it shocked them, the 2nd time the reality that they never want that a 3rd time hit home. i'm not talking about a quick little whack saying stop... i'm talking a old school, wait till your father comes home, across my knees, and spank their butts. it killed me, hearing them crying in theor rooms afterwards, but I knew it had to be done. i'd let them sit in their room for about a 1/2 hour afterwards, then i'd go in, talk to them about what they did and why they got a spanking. then i'd pick them up, hug them , kiss them and tell them i loved them. I've NEVER had to do that more than twice.

they would ignore what my wife would say, then i'd walk into the room. they freeze, look at each other, and say "ok Dad, we'll do it, sorry" lol.

That is EXACTLY the way it went down in my house with my father.

Except it might have been more than twice.

But regardless, while I may have felt at the time that I wished things were the way they are now (like I could sue him or I could blame him), there is NO WAY I could have not paid a real price later.

I was raised with respect for authority but somewhere along the way I lost it. I still respect good cops but I'm increasingly disappointed whit the lack of standards we hold our law enforcement officials too.

That's no reason to be a brat kid though

One thing I notice, the way the media reports things, is there is always blame on the authorities or the cops or the teachers. "They shouldn't have done that" or "Why did they go that far".

As opposed to "This kid is out of control. What's wrong with him".

It's very true that what is being taught is no repect for authority. Taught not just to kids, but adults too.

One thing missing from certain statistics about certain demographics, is how many mouth off to authorities. If color or race is important, than how many of certain races or color are likely to get into a situation with authorities where their behavior causes reactions?

One thing missing from certain statistics about certain demographics, is how many mouth off to authorities. If color or race is important, than how many of certain races or color are likely to get into a situation with authorities where their behavior causes reactions?

And that is where I have a huge problem. A professionally law enforcement officer should be able to deal with someone mouthing off without assaulting them or killing them. Telling a cop who is acting like a d!ck that he's acting like a d!ck should not result in a beat down. But it too often does.

I was raised with respect for authority but somewhere along the way I lost it. I still respect good cops but I'm increasingly disappointed whit the lack of standards we hold our law enforcement officials too.

That's no reason to be a brat kid though

Agreed....I feel the same.

And that is where I have a huge problem. A professionally law enforcement officer should be able to deal with someone mouthing off without assaulting them or killing them. Telling a cop who is acting like a d!ck that he's acting like a d!ck should not result in a beat down. But it too often does.

This.

Being a police officer is a difficult job and if you want to be in a profession like that it is not unreasonable to hold you to a higher standard. They are in a position of authority after all. If you cannot handle a few verbal insults or do not know how to deescalate a situation, then being a police officer is not the right profession for you. A lot of the videos surfacing now where the police are using excessive force, it stems from the police unnecessarily escalating the situation when it could have been handled calmly. That father waiting for his kids in that mall in Minnesota comes to mind.

This is the first generation being raised to NOT respect laws. When laws aren't being enforced, open borders, legal drugs, our leaders openly lie to us daily, no work ethic because everything you need is free, cops being convicted by mobs on the streets and being told it's going to get worse, the end result should turn out pretty much the way it's being planned.

What are you talking about: laws aren't being enforced? We have the highest incarceration rate/prison population in the world. Laws are obviously being enforced. If you want to talk about who is in prison (poor) vs who isn't (wealthy and connected), we can have that conversation.

Well, if you did that in the U.K Those days, you would end up in court crazy as that sounds. The problem is not the kids, it's the parents, most of whom have no respect for authority themselves. It always made me laugh when I saw signs in McDonalds, informing customers that staff have a right to work in an environment free from being sworn at or abused verbally. There's never any such signs for Teachers!

Ian

Well, if you did that in the U.K Those days, you would end up in court crazy as that sounds. The problem is not the kids, it's the parents, most of whom have no respect for authority themselves. It always made me laugh when I saw signs in McDonalds, informing customers that staff have a right to work in an environment free from being sworn at or abused verbally. There's never any such signs for Teachers!

Ian

it that way here in the states as well. parents might give their kid a whack on the butt in a grocery store for misbehaving, and the police are called for child abuse. its happened, i've seen that on the news. my kids are 21 to 34. so while that stupidity was just starting when they were little, it wasn't out of hand like it is now. but really, they all were pretty good kids. compared to how i was as a kid, they were complete angels.

Archived