Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cody78

Show us your SG's

My (horrible phone pic) SG

i8O9Gcs.jpg

I think I bought it in 2006 but don't quite remember. It has a 6 digit serial number beginning with 06, but serial number lookups say it's an invalid number.

Being a Beatle nut I wanted a Maestro trem like George's SG.

Bronx

fbLwW08.jpg

Here's my '87 '61 reissue Les Paul SG Custom. It's my first and only SG and wow -- it plays like the wind and has a beautiful voice. As I understand it, this was one of the early post-Norlin, "new"/revived Gibson creations, and I really appreciate the many things the company got really right in producing this run.

Here is my Gibson "SG Single Coil Limited 2016" relic'ed by Dax & Co. Had a custom pickguard built, added some $7 inlay stickers, and she's ready to go. The stock Gibson P90's are incredible. On top of that, she's only 6 lbs 2 ounces.

post-91020-021350600 1522511438_thumb.jpeg

post-91020-032801600 1522511592_thumb.jpeg

SG's Modified :)

xbh289.jpg

The Ebony one (originally a 70's tribute) now has real MOP inlays, a Jag/Jazzmaster trem, a Towner roller bar and is refinished. I am currently refinishing it again in gloss black with a ebony mid-stripe, although I am considering going all black.

The blue one is my Melody Maker SG, it has switches: 1. parallel/series. 2. phase. 3. bass cut.

It has an earthing issue just now in the neck HB, I hope to switch that HB out (maybe get a Fender Wide Range) when I have some spare cash.

LOVE the '90s neck' on the Melody Maker :)

I've been able to post ONE picture on this website, I guess its one MORE thing Henry J has to fix.....or did he get the heave ho ?

I would think someone @ GIBSON would straighten this out !

I've had this for awhile, but finally posting it to join in the SG fun. My 1995 Gibson SG Special.

1995-Gibson-SG-Special.jpg

-F.

Did you add pick-up covers? I've got the same year SG special and mine has no covers, but I did consider adding some. If you did add them let me know where you got them from.

Keep Rocking.

AF