Gibson Brands Forums

No playing for me for a few days

jannusguy2

...You just never know do you?! msp_wink.gif

Ha!

They can have 'famous' to themselves. Never get any peace. The other day Katy Perry got extremely cross after the paparazzi actually followed her to the topless (bathing) beach! The nerve!

That other one is self taught with all the long winded upper and lower case emphasis stuff! Might be Keef? Mick? All playing Snooker instead of going to school, weren't they?

BluesKing777.

Has anyone ever seen Anthony B. and Parlor Man in the same room?

Ah!

Could he take on a persona that runs against his shoe size? He is also 7 feet tall like JG2, so needs big shoes!

Some say he is a smart feller, but my old aunt, RIP, would have said he was a fart smeller!

Anything Is possible!

BluesKing777.

If you have an Aloe Vera plant in your garden (should grow well in the South, break off a leaf and squeeze the juice on to your burns - it helps heal really quickly.....if not get some fairly pure gel in a jar...good, but not as:

http://www.thursdayplantation.com/product-categories/australia/aloe-vera/aloe-vera-gel/

BluesKing777.

If you have an Aloe Vera plant in your garden (should grow well in the South, break off a leaf and squeeze the juice on to your burns - it helps heal really quickly.....if not get some fairly pure gel in a jar...good, but not as:

http://www.thursdayplantation.com/product-categories/australia/aloe-vera/aloe-vera-gel/

BluesKing777.

I used it for a couple of days, but it isn't easy to get the purer stuff here unless you go to a health store. It is wonderful stuff. Calmed things down quite a bit for the first few days, when it was incredibly painful, as severe burns are.

Only my right hand is still a bit gnarly now, but even that is getting better.

You really ought to try the mustard next time you burn yourselves - on a 1st or 2nd degree burn: NOT on a 3rd degree or chemical burn.

If you get it on quickly enough it will turn a 2nd degree burn (blisters) into a minor 1st degree burn.

I learned that from my grandma. She worked as a cook or a baker all her life.

Something else I learned from her: a cast iron skillet makes a great weapon.

I almost laughed myself to death when I heard about her chasing a man twice her size and half her age down the alley behind the restaurant where she worked.

He pulled a knife and thought he was going to rob the place. [lol]

I hope all your healings are swift and complete.

jg2- did you and rr get to see Trower?

Σß

I will try mustard next time. Just hope it's not too soon. I saw Trower but not RR, ASFAIK. I replied to his request for access and never heard back from him. I'm shedding several cast iron skillets in deference to a new glass topped range. Moving to stainless steel. I will miss the iron and would never have grabbed that right out of the oven. Playing guitar again so it wasn't terrible. Thanks

I will try mustard next time. Just hope it's not too soon. I saw Trower but not RR, ASFAIK. I replied to his request for access and never heard back from him. I'm shedding several cast iron skillets in deference to a new glass topped range. Moving to stainless steel. I will miss the iron and would never have grabbed that right out of the oven. Playing guitar again so it wasn't terrible. Thanks

I use my cast iron on my glass stove top all the time. Works great.

I used it for a couple of days, but it isn't easy to get the purer stuff here unless you go to a health store. It is wonderful stuff. Calmed things down quite a bit for the first few days, when it was incredibly painful, as severe burns are.

Only my right hand is still a bit gnarly now, but even that is getting better.

Head down to the garden shop and buy one in a pot!

First check your own garden in case. I got a small one as a gift and every time a bit is used, 25 more bits grow and it is now swaying to the blues guitar out near the Triffids (Potato Vine)....waiting to catch that Neanderthal child that climbs the fence...sorry, getting scared of the Triffid again, stick to dead gel in a jar!

BluesKing777.

No, I never made it to the show. JG2, very graciously contacted me. After getting on the road , I had limited access to internet and time to respond. I did get to show my wife a video of Trower's playing.....Sigh! ...She was not impressed!! Oh well... We had a wonderfull time in St Pete and were enjoying an awesome dinner and wine from Mazzaro's Italian Market the evening of the show and had to leave early the next morning.

Rod

Head down to the garden shop and buy one in a pot!

First check your own garden in case. I got a small one as a gift and every time a bit is used, 25 more bits grow and it is now swaying to the blues guitar out near the Triffids (Potato Vine)....waiting to catch that Neanderthal child that climbs the fence...sorry, getting scared of the Triffid again, stick to dead gel in a jar!

BluesKing777.

I had one in a pot for quite awhile. It got too big and since I'm in a condo, I handed it off to my girlfriend to plant in her yard. I was wishing I still had it the other day for sure.

No, I never made it to the show. JG2, very graciously contacted me. After getting on the road , I had limited access to internet and time to respond. I did get to show my wife a video of Trower's playing.....Sigh! ...She was not impressed!! Oh well... We had a wonderfull time in St Pete and were enjoying an awesome dinner and wine from Mazzaro's Italian Market the evening of the show and had to leave early the next morning.

Rod

Mazzaro's is the bomb. The best Italian market in the region. Sorry you missed the show. Robin was in good form.

Archived