Gibson Brands Forums

My take on the 2015 LPJ

ido1957

Dropped into Long and McQuade this morning and tried the only 2015 I could find - LPJ.

Wider neck is noticeable but I could get used to it - actually made high E bends easier to initiate.

Brass nut - nothing different on open chords. Never even crossed my mind.

G Force - nope just don't like it. The salesman had to fiddle with it for 5 minutes to tune it. Seemed to be confused about whether it was in standard or major chord tuning. After it was tuned I wanted to fiddle with the tuning a bit and damned if I could get it to move - maybe the 40:1 ratio.

The sig and hologram were a non issue - I don't look at that part of the guitar when I play.

The tone was great. Finish fine.

99% good 1% take off the tuning thingy and give me grovers.

Haven't tried them yet. But the fact that Gibson will finally reissue the Les Paul Junior for the first time since 1960 is pretty exciting.

Houndman, I'm not sure what you mean by this? I've got a single cut 2011 Les Paul Junior in Tobacco Burst.

ido, the only problem is that "1%" costs you a lot of extra money for a piece of junk you want to immediately remove from the guitar and replace with real tuners that cost you even more money on after buying a brand new Gibson #-o

Archived