Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cibby53

What's a good price for a used Hummingbird

I see a lot of posts on Gibson's Hummingbird. I also see so many being played in video's and in bands . I decided to start checking them out and found out how much I like them. A friend of mine has a 2014 Hummingbird Cherry Burst he is wanting to sell he hasn't played it much and it sounds pretty sweet. What would be a fair price to offer for it.

There are 4 or 5 Hummingbird guitar models on the Gibson web page. Their list price ranges from $3,100 to $7,500 for a special limited edition. They are mostly between $3,100 and $4,000... US Dollars

Find out which model it is and what your friend paid for it. I would offer the lower of 70% of the list price or 70% of your friends purchase price.

Negotiating with a friend can feel uncomfortable because you don't want to insult them with a lowball price and you don't want to pay too much.

I tend to be generous with my offer, but it will mean a couple hundred extra bucks in their pocket, not yours.

good luck.

Suppose there should be no surprise that they do pull a little more coin than the J-45; bound neck, pickguard flora and fauna, and the extra inlay equates to more material (in addition to the size of the box) and is more time-consuming. For a recent vintage (<10 yrs old), low 2's should do. Of course, one could always hold out for something such as this eBay Hummingbird TV sold listing.

Thanks for the advice on the 2014 Hummingbird. I'm pretty thrilled then with the price I'm getting it for ....$1449 I think it is an amazing deal I couldn't go wrong with. It is worth more than that but he wanted to get it sold quick. It's a regular Cherry Burst with bone nut and saddle the $3100 Bird. Looks brand new and has a great sound I fell in love with instantly. Can't wait to get it home.

Thanks for the advice on the 2014 Hummingbird. I'm pretty thrilled then with the price I'm getting it for ....$1449 I think it is an amazing deal I couldn't go wrong with. It is worth more than that but he wanted to get it sold quick. It's a regular Cherry Burst with bone nut and saddle the $3100 Bird. Looks brand new and has a great sound I fell in love with instantly. Can't wait to get it home.

WOW! Can't beat that deal...

WOW! Can't beat that deal...

$1449 ?[love]

I know when I heard my mind started spinning ...how do i come up with the money now before Christmas ...do i tell my wife? I just can't not buy it I've looked at new prices but I wanted to know what a used this years model would sell for so I posted this. Monday night on the Voice the one young guy was playing a Hummingbird in his rehearsal which added to my must have this Gibson feeling .When we close the deal exchange money for Bird I'll post pictures.

I know when I heard my mind started spinning ...how do i come up with the money now before Christmas ...do i tell my wife? I just can't not buy it I've looked at new prices but I wanted to know what a used this years model would sell for so I posted this. Monday night on the Voice the one young guy was playing a Hummingbird in his rehearsal which added to my must have this Gibson feeling .When we close the deal exchange money for Bird I'll post pictures.

You owe your friend a beer, and a steak dinner. That is a very good deal.

Quick buy it!! if you don't I NEED it!! <_<

I'll give you $1550 for it right now!

It's aweful when that's what I was thinking too ...I could sell it and make an easy profit there is built in equity in this Hummingbird already. Of course I gotta keep it this is on my short list of must own guitars. I made the list when I turned 60 last summer. The Hummingbird was #2 I was at least a year away from trying to buy a new one or find a good used one..then this just fell into my lap. I hope to add pictures by Monday night.

Ha ha! Yep. But that's a GOOD thing. You know you got a great deal. Obviously, you wouldn't do that to your friend. But it's a better feeling than overpaying and wondering how you'll ever get your money out. I know I've done that before.

Looking forward to the pics!