Gibson Brands Forums

Best years for Epiphone

Natty

I'm in Wolverhampton, my nearest epiphone stockists are in Birmingham and they don't keep much epi stock, mainly orders. I've bought off eBay and had no problems luckily! The bigger suppliers like guitarguitar, dawsons, pmt and andertons are all very good and trustworthy! They also normally offer free returns within a couple of weeks! Any problems I've ever encountered have been dealt with quickly and usually with some compensation! I've seen some good deals on gumtree in the past but they mainly seem to be around Scotland! The uk v us prices are ridiculous, I paid £679 or roughly $1050 for my Union Jack sheraton, some people in the us got a deal and paid $750!

For me 2014 has been a good Epiphone year. Bought a terrific WildKat back in August. According to the serial number it was made in China, January 2014. Just can't put this guitar down. I bought this guitar to PLAY!

Whether or not it is a good investment is of no consequence as I fully intend to wear it out. [thumbup]post-68514-013043300 1418578426_thumb.jpg

For me 2014 has been a good Epiphone year. Bought a terrific WildKat back in August. According to the serial number it was made in China, January 2014. Just can't put this guitar down. I bought this guitar to PLAY!

Whether or not it is a good investment is of no consequence as I fully intend to wear it out. [thumbup]post-68514-013043300 1418578426_thumb.jpg

Good for you, Cooperman! Looks like a really FUN guitar! [thumbup]

CB

....they just keep getting better .[thumbup]

I can attest to that. Epiphone's Qingdao factory started up in 2002, and by now, from my experience, they are getting really good at making fine instruments.

I've got several guitars from stores online and from individuals off ebay, mostly newer models. Never been disappointed. When considering an ebay guit, ask the seller plenty of questions. (One I was considering was listed as the wrong model! After about 5 emails back and forth, she ended the auction and relisted it correctly.)

Archived