Gibson Brands Forums

What Happened On Your Gibson's Birthday

Bozz

I saw a similar topic on another forum and thought it might be fun and interesting to see what develops here.

In looking at the serial number on the J-35 I purchased earlier this year, I see that it was born on June 24th. This date happens to have been Jeff Beck's 70th birthday. I have another recently purchased guitar (non-Gibson) that was born on February 11th, 2014, which was the 50th anniversary of The Beatles' first concert in America.

Does anyone else have a guitar with a significant date of birth?

I saw a similar topic on another forum and thought it might be fun and interesting to see what develops here.

In looking at the serial number on the J-35 I purchased earlier this year, I see that it was born on June 24th. This date happens to have been Jeff Beck's 70th birthday. I have another recently purchased guitar (non-Gibson) that was born on February 11th, 2014, which was the 50th anniversary of The Beatles' first concert in America.

Does anyone else have a guitar with a significant date of birth?

I am gonna have to look into this, which numbers indicate the date??

Here's what I got when I searched the date.....

August 27, 2003: These two images, taken 11 hours apart with NASA's Hubble Space Telescope, reveal two nearly opposite sides of Mars. Hubble snapped these photos as the red planet was making its closest approach to Earth in almost 60,000 years.

Archived