Gibson Brands Forums

I never thought id want wood so much

Rabs

While I do still lust after some guitars...

Seeing wood like this makes me want it more than I could have imagined...

Hmmm, what I could do with that :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EUROPEAN-MAPLE-WOOD-FOR-TWO-PIECE-LP-TYPE-GUITAR-TOP-AA-GRADE-470X195X21-/181596170312?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

njvjvjvjv57_zps39a8d62f.jpg

Maybe if santa is nice to me and its still available I will get it... Hmmmmmmmm :)

So I had that chat with Santa and bought it [woot] and since we didn't want someone else to get it I was allowed to buy it early...

Man, that's goona be a cool build ... Cant wait :)

And I have some of that nice Utile wood which will make the back and neck...

Guest Farnsbarns

So I had that chat with Santa and bought it [woot] and since we didn't want someone else to get it I was allowed to buy it early...

Man, that's goona be a cool build ... Cant wait :)

And I have some of that nice Utile wood which will make the back and neck...

Oooh, now then, this will be good! Solid arch top a la Les Paul? Burst? I think I must be as excited as you, that's a nice bit of flame there!

Oooh, now then, this will be good! Solid arch top a la Les Paul? Burst? I think I must be as excited as you, that's a nice bit of flame there!

Yes I am very excited too....

Right now im not quite sure exactly what im going to do.. I am going to have a good long think about that while I wait for it to turn up...

I kinda like the edge finishing on my Hammer.. and with this sort of top I think I NEED to do some binding.. So I may do an Arrow shape as I want to add binding to that model which I think will really make it complete like the roundover edge ive been doing made the Hammer shape from ok to really nice.

OR I could do a one off for myself and make a nice double cut standard (kinda like what AXE had made)... Or if I was feeling really brave try and make my own 59ish type LP..... see how close I can get.... Id really like to try a burst but need to practice that a bit first.

So many options :)

What ever I do, I will be treating it with the utmost respect :)

Archived