Gibson Brands Forums

NAD! Fender Blues Junior III

swampash

My only amp is a Fender Hot Rod Deville 212. At 60 watts, it's very loud and extremely heavy. The studio we rehearse in is up a flight of stairs and carrying the amp up them every week was going to kill me. I decided to buy a small amp that would be 15 watts for band rehearsal and small gigs.

Two weeks ago a borrowed a Marshall DSL 15 watt amp but I really didn't like it as it kept wanting to distort even on the clean channel and the overall tone of the amp wasn't to my liking. Also, and this is going to sound silly, it didn't feel special.

So I was left with two amps that I liked, a Vox AC15 or a Fender Blues Junior. I ruled out the Vox due to it's size and weight. I ordered the Blues Junior two weeks ago and it arrived yesterday.

Here it is with my Johhny Marr jaguar and Boss GT100 pedal board. It's sitting on top of it's bigger brother. This is now my rig.

186DE7A9-872E-4EC5-AB97-481884E665CC_zps83dxcr3n.jpg

This amp does feel and sound special. The clean channel is incredible. It also has a fat switch. When activated, you can crank up the volume while lowering the master volume to get the amp to overdrive. This thing is loud! The reverb onboard is great as well. Lots of people buy these amps and then mod them but from what I've heard last night, I love it stock. I'm looking forward to putting it through it's paces tonight. :)

My only amp is a Fender Hot Rod Deville 212. At 60 watts, it's very loud and extremely heavy. The studio we rehearse in is up a flight of stairs and carrying the amp up them every week was going to kill me. I decided to buy a small amp that would be 15 watts for band rehearsal and small gigs.

Two weeks ago a borrowed a Marshall DSL 15 watt amp but I really didn't like it as it kept wanting to distort even on the clean channel and the overall tone of the amp wasn't to my liking. Also, and this is going to sound silly, it didn't feel special.

So I was left with two amps that I liked, a Vox AC15 or a Fender Blues Junior. I ruled out the Vox due to it's size and weight. I ordered the Blues Junior two weeks ago and it arrived yesterday.

Here it is with my Johhny Marr jaguar and Boss GT100 pedal board. It's sitting on top of it's bigger brother. This is now my rig.

186DE7A9-872E-4EC5-AB97-481884E665CC_zps83dxcr3n.jpg

This amp does feel and sound special. The clean channel is incredible. It also has a fat switch. When activated, you can crank up the volume while lowering the master volume to get the amp to overdrive. This thing is loud! The reverb onboard is great as well. Lots of people buy these amps and then mod them but from what I've heard last night, I love it stock. I'm looking forward to putting it through it's paces tonight. :)

Congrat on your NAD ! I had a Blues Junior III and it is an amazing amp, I used it for rehearsal as well, never use it live.

Enjoy

I've had a few of them as well. I don't at the moment, but if the timing was right, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat

I have the 4x10 variant, and that is a beast to move - but it's a LOT of amp. I keep it at my brother inlaws where we are currently jaming weekly.

If I had to move it once a week, - yes this would suck..

Hi Swampash,

I have one of those, and it's a great amp. I've never felt the need to modify mine because I work on the theory "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I also think there big enough for most venues I'm likely to play those day's.

Congratulations,

Ian

Hi Swampash,

I have one of those, and it's a great amp. I've never felt the need to modify mine because I work on the theory "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I also think there big enough for most venues I'm likely to play those day's.

Congratulations,

Ian

You're right. I can't believe how loud it is, definitely punches above it's weight. :)

Archived